Westchester Mall in White Plains, NY - Anyone want to go together?

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by amitdoc2b, Sep 17, 2012.

1. amitdoc2b, Sep 17, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2012

amitdoc2b macrumors 6502a

Anyone interested in going early morning and meeting up together then going to the Westchester Mall in White Plains, NY for Friday morning for the iPhone 5 launch? Feel free to message me. I figure time will pass by quicker with some company from fellow MacRumors members. I'm also willing to do this for a 5th Ave or Grand Central meetup early in the morning. I'm just a normal guy, 30, recently graduated doc, applying for hospital positions now while doing an MBA, so I have some free time. Also can talk hours of baseball haha. Let me know. :D

2. shortman macrumors member

I will be there, what time do you think is good?

3. Sm0kEnDragon macrumors newbie

Sm0kEnDragon

Im from the area, not yet sure what store Ill be going to yet (since we have so many), Im trying to figure out the best time to get to an Apple store. And maybe what store can we show up the latest to

4. dynamiks macrumors newbie

For the iPhone 4 I got there around 2:30 AM and there was already a line outside the mall. But when they opened the doors at 7 AM the line basically didn't mean *****, cause everyone just ran upstairs and whoever got in the line by the Apple store first was the ones who got lucky. I was one of those people so I guess just show up before they open the mall doors and if you can run fast, you will be one of the first in line once they open the doors lol!

5. shortman macrumors member

I was there around the time of the iPad 2 launch, not the launch day itself but I was waiting in front of the store itself as early as 4am. I got in through the parking garage, anyone else have this experience?

6. amitdoc2b thread starter macrumors 6502a

Anyone of you live near the Avalon buildings in New Roc? Looking to meet someone beforehand and get a ride there because no car. I'm willing to go as early as necessary and it'll also be nice to have some company to talk to. I last went there for a 3GS upgrade when it launched.

PS- What do you mean anyone who ran when the gates opened got lucky... was there not enough phones for people?

7. Sm0kEnDragon macrumors newbie

Sm0kEnDragon

Im guessing he means: Someone showing up at 6am could have been 1st in line @Apple, If they ran to the front of the line at 7 when the Mall doors opened. So lucky by much less waiting time.

8. amitdoc2b thread starter macrumors 6502a

Oh okay, phew! :)

9. Sm0kEnDragon macrumors newbie

Sm0kEnDragon

What time are you looking to head to an Apple Store?
    Have you decided on the Westchester Mall?

10. amitdoc2b thread starter macrumors 6502a

I don't have a car.. so I if I can go with someone then I'm willing to go anytime after midnight (that we can decide together) since I'll have some company and time can pass by anyways. Otherwise I may try my luck in the NYC area and take the Metro North there. I live in the Avalons in New Roc... I'm also willing to just meet up and go with someone for company in the NYC area, but no ride needed there as I mentioned since I can take the Metro North.

11. naeS1Sean macrumors 6502a

naeS1Sean

I would have went if i was a little closer and i didnt preorder. I just realized this meetup thing exsisted and i think its awesome. :)

12. EA287 macrumors newbie

I have mine coming in the mail on Friday but for some people who don't know there is also a new apple store at ridge hill in Yonkers. I don't think too many people know about the store since its new in a recently built plaza.

13. Sm0kEnDragon macrumors newbie

Sm0kEnDragon

Yea, that has its own topic too.
    Had a pretty long line just for the store opening though, so its hard to tell.

14. HERO XXL macrumors regular

There's already a line at Ridge Hill. Is anyone at the Westchester? Wondering if I should even go.

15. HERO XXL macrumors regular

About 120 here now..everyone is inside and on line.

16. prosp macrumors member

Take pictures of the line and the new iPhone display!

17. HERO XXL macrumors regular

Apparently, you now have to setup the phone IN STORE--which is new--before you could leave with it still sealed.