Western Digital 750GB Scorpio Blue 5400 RPM WD7500BPVT Hard Drive Issue

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by djnp, Aug 14, 2010.

1. djnp macrumors newbie

Hello Folks,

I am having problem w/ the internal hard-drive "Western Digital 750 GB Scorpio Blue SATA 5400 RPM 8 MB Cache WD7500BPVT" that I just bought a week ago. I have successfully installed and restored all my data and app. After that I started working on it and noticed that "Rainbow Spinning" comes very often even though I am viewing the pictures on iPhoto. Looks like something didn't like this hard drive.

I am using Macbook Pro 15" Unibody mid 2009 2.53GHz processor 4GB RAM.

Can any one suggest how to make it faster or make it like it used to be. When I was using original 250GB hard drive it was much faster and only few times "Sniping Rainbow" comes. Now, I am facing terribly slow, so that I couldn't concentrate while working. Any suggestion would be appreciated. If I didn't find any good solution I am considering to return it ASAP.

I didn't found 750GB 7200 RMP hard drive so, I bought lower RMP (5400 RMP). I am assuming that's the problem w/ speed or maybe not!

Thanks in advance!
    DJ

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

3. djnp thread starter macrumors newbie

Are you using it? Could you please confirm that it is working perfectly for you? So that I will be confirmed that it will work fine after I get the replacement.

If not then I am planning for 7200 RPM w/ 500GB :(

Let me know, thanks!