wet iphone 4s! pls help

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by leila1501, Jul 11, 2012.

1. leila1501 macrumors newbie

I got caught in the rain a few days ago and unfortunately my iphone did too.
    The flashlight came permanently on and the battery immediately went from 70% to 7% and wouldn't let me slide to unlock. People were still phoning me but i was unable to answer.
    After a short while it started making a whirring noise from inside so i turned it off and immediately put in in a tub of rice when i got home.
    Ive now tried to plug into my computer and a symbol is showing on the phone that i need to connect it to itunes.
    When i connect the phone to itunes a message appears saying that the phone is in recovery mode and needs to be restored in order to connect to itunes.
    when i try and restore it never works showing me a variety of error codes including 1656, 2001 & 2009. each time is different.
    im dying without my phone someone pls help!

2. trozau macrumors regular

trozau

Set an appointment at the Apple Store Genius bar and get it replaced (for free or for a fee, whichever applies in your situation).

3. Toby Ziegler macrumors regular

Toby Ziegler

Nothing you can do about it now, but in the future, don't wait to shut it off if there's water damage. Best bet is to take it into Apple and see what the Genius Bar has to say. If you've got AC+, then you should have nothing to worry about. If not, be prepared to pay for a replacement.

4. ann713 macrumors 6502a

Call, and then take it into the Apple store. You can get a replacement for $149 I believe.