WFF/TF: Old computers

reberto

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 20, 2005
1,224
0
I an looking for free old computers. And I mean FREE (or a trade for stuff in my other lots). Don't care about the specs though it must not have many dents, scratches ect in the case. Post offers.
 

Mechcozmo

macrumors 603
Jul 17, 2004
5,215
2
Got a range on those computers? I have a Mac 512K with a 400KB floppy drive, and I doubt you'd be happy with it.

Some spec ranges may be good.
 

reberto

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 20, 2005
1,224
0
Mechcozmo said:
Got a range on those computers? I have a Mac 512K with a 400KB floppy drive, and I doubt you'd be happy with it.

Some spec ranges may be good.
That would be great! Got a KB and mouse to go with it?

As for your other comment, any computer will do, PC or Mac.
 

ReanimationLP

macrumors 68030
Jan 8, 2005
2,765
25
On the moon.
reberto said:
I an looking for free old computers. And I mean FREE or for stuff in my other lots). Don't care about the specs though it must work. Post offers.
Dude, you have BAD timing. I just dropped off a ton and I mean literally like a ton of Macs and PCs, accessories, and everything at a electronic recycler.
 

reberto

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 20, 2005
1,224
0
rickvanr said:
I have an old thread here. I have an old G3 and a Performa kicking around.
Can I have the proforma? (bad spelling sorry) Trade for something in my other thred?
 

Err

macrumors member
Aug 19, 2005
80
0
if ^ doesnt take it, i responded to your other thred, im interested as well
 

Mechcozmo

macrumors 603
Jul 17, 2004
5,215
2
reberto said:
That would be great! Got a KB and mouse to go with it?

As for your other comment, any computer will do, PC or Mac.
Sorry, no KB/Mouse. :(

I have a PIII, 9GB hard drive, DVD-ROM, CD-RW, ZIP-100, but I can't give it away... also have a Newton 130, but that can't be given away either. They can be yours however with the right amount of cash.
 

7254278

macrumors 68020
Apr 11, 2004
2,365
0
NYC
Mechcozmo said:
Sorry, no KB/Mouse. :(

I have a PIII, 9GB hard drive, DVD-ROM, CD-RW, ZIP-100, but I can't give it away... also have a Newton 130, but that can't be given away either. They can be yours however with the right amount of cash.
what the ram, mhz and gfx card on the pentium 3 also how much for the newton?
 

reberto

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 20, 2005
1,224
0
Get your own thred! :mad: :mad:

iZach said:
hey ill also take some
i dont care if they have no hd, no ram...w/e i will take ANYTHING for free not just computers, that you are throwing out. i will also pay shipping +like $10.
 

im_to_hyper

macrumors 65816
Aug 25, 2004
1,094
206
Pasadena, California, USA
CompsQ!

Hey there reberto !

I have a couple old IBMs you can have. PS/2 series (that is the actual model, not just the type of keyboard).

Specs: Not sure, though I believe they are 386s with 20 or 25 MHz processors. One has a floppy drive and I think both have a hard drive. (Not sure on that, though.)

Shipping is a killer, probably about $50 or more unless you know someone in central Wisconsin.

Lastly, you still interested in the B&W G3? Could do one major shipment then.
 

reberto

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 20, 2005
1,224
0
amacgenius said:
If you wanted to pay shipping or trade stuff, I have a Macintosh SE and an SE/30 I'd be glad to get rid of...
I would like to trade. Look at my other threds for what I have to trade! Would you be wiling to send both or just one for what I have to trade?
 

reberto

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 20, 2005
1,224
0
amacgenius said:
What do you currently have available?
I have some Game Boy Color games, a e-Reader, Some old (working?) SCSI HD's, a screen (bezel and all) from a Powerbook 1400c, tons of computer cables, some N64 games and a sort of working Palm Vx (It will turn on but you need to tap the stylus about 1/2 a inch diagnoaly from what you want to click on. The battery might just have to be removed and fully reset, not just the button on the back. AS-IS!). Here is a list of what I have EVEN MORE of!

Targus laptop case (it held my 1400c and the Stylewriter 2200 with room to spare.)
Xbox Advanced AV cables
Lord Of The Rings: Return of the King (Xbox)
Cel Damage (GC)
TimeSplitters 2 (GC)
The Italian Job (GC, no manual)
Family Guy: Frekin' Sweet Collection
Rev. A-D iMac modem
Powerbook 8x CD-ROM drive (Pulled from a 1400c.) Still has the faceplate on snug.
Powerbook Floppy drive (again, from a 1400c) Works!
CoolMac Keyboard (white/clear)
Axis Game pad (Blue/clear, looks like a Playstation controller. Also has a PC game port to USB adapter on it so it does work with PC and Mac needs NO drivers)
Powerbook 500 series AC adaptor (with power cable)
Apple Color Stylewriter 2200 (portable) with working battery, some extra ink packs drivers (on floppys)
128 meg PC-133 ram chip (pulled working from a Blue and white)
Rosewill AGP 4x-8x PC video card (seen here: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...N82E16814164054 ) NEVER USED! (Though it has been opened. I got a better video card and the card as not used.)
 

im_to_hyper

macrumors 65816
Aug 25, 2004
1,094
206
Pasadena, California, USA
What do you have for N64 games?

I have a PowerBook 5300cs with 32MB RAM and is currently running OS 8.5 (HD I believe is somewhere between 800MB and 2GB) It comes with power adapter and floppy module.
 

reberto

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 20, 2005
1,224
0
Perfect Dark, Zelda: Majoras mask, South Park, Space Invaders, Stunt Racer, Madden 2001, 007 The world is not enough, Mario Partys 1&3 and finally, Mario Cart 64/


im_to_hyper said:
What do you have for N64 games?

I have a PowerBook 5300cs with 32MB RAM and is currently running OS 8.5 (HD I believe is somewhere between 800MB and 2GB) It comes with power adapter and floppy module.
 

im_to_hyper

macrumors 65816
Aug 25, 2004
1,094
206
Pasadena, California, USA
I also have two old IBM model PS/2 computers (the first to use the PS/2 port, I believe.)

Anyway, I haven't tested them since I use a laptop. Yours for shipping + two N64 games?

I don't know yet what I would want to do for the 5300cs
 

reberto

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 20, 2005
1,224
0
I updated my list of games from my last post. I want to do a straigth trade only . I am very intrested in your 5300cs!

im_to_hyper said:
I also have two old IBM model PS/2 computers (the first to use the PS/2 port, I believe.)

Anyway, I haven't tested them since I use a laptop. Yours for shipping + two N64 games?

I don't know yet what I would want to do for the 5300cs