WH: Clinton will not be indicted based on what we know

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by thewap, Feb 2, 2016.

1. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Surely you can't be surprised that the Obama White House will try anything to avoid prosecuting Clinton.

2. nfl46 macrumors 603

Did people will believe she would be indicted? I know some of y'all hate her, but jeez, she's THE Hillary Clinton. 11 more months, and she'd be the 45th President of the United States, whether you like it or not.

[​IMG]

3. thewap thread starter macrumors demi-god

thewap

Oh I agree she will be next president. There is so much progress with corruption in govt. why not expand it with the *progressive* Clinton. Makes perfect sense. You can see in her wild eyes and screams - she wants it bad!

original.jpg

4. APlotdevice, Feb 2, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2016

APlotdevice macrumors 68040

APlotdevice

I won't be surprised when this whole issue gets dropped after the election. The only reason it's dragged on so long, as several Republicans have even admitted now, is to try to hurt her Presidential campaign. I mean ****, why bother with superPACs when you can waste millions of tax payer dollars on elaborate attack ads like this?

5. nfl46 macrumors 603

The government has always been corrupt. Don't expect anything to change whether the next President is her or anyone else. We all know politicians are a bunch of liars that promise us this and that.

6. Robisan macrumors 6502

LOLOL! Fox News' GOP deadender selectively leaking source at the FBI is pissed off. Hardly an institutional response. Meanwhile in the real world, Clinton has not been named a "Target," which is a formal step taken by the FBI when they reach an evidentiary threshold.

Bonos LOLOL - Links to The Stupidest Man on the Internet (tm) for source information.

7. WarHeadz macrumors 6502a

WarHeadz

Can't wait for all the hissy fits. Now with the which hunt over, can we move on with the election?

8. tgara macrumors 6502a

tgara

Hate to break it to you, but this issue isn't going away anytime soon. Politics aside, the most recent revelations that emails on her unsecured server contained Special Access Program (SAP) information is very troubling. This is the most secret of US secrets, stuff like troop movements, clandestine activities, names of spies and informants, etc. In the wrong hands, this information jeopardizes national security and gets people killed.

Consider the implications... At this point, the safest course for the CIA and other agencies is to assume that certain covert efforts were compromised and wind them down. Once terminated, these activities stop yielding information that keeps America secure and Americans alive. Intelligence agencies also would relocate and possibly repatriate the relevant U.S. operatives those covers Clinton likely blew. This would affect their careers, and they would be unable to serve overseas, lest hostile nations or actors find, exploit, or kill them. And it will be worse for informants working for us in other countries. Once they're found out, they get a one-way ticket to a third world dungeon or worse. Nobody will be willing to help us lest they be outted by some stupid high level official who thinks they don't have to follow security protocols.

And oh, by the way.... The reason it's dragged on so long is not the fault of the Republicans, it's the fault of Mrs. Clinton for stonewalling, and the fault of the State Department for not releasing the emails on schedule. It's been this slow drip, drip, drip as they say, and as I see it, she will be damaged very badly irrespective of whether she wins the Presidency or not.

9. edk99 macrumors 6502a

I would be shocked if she did not get indicted.

Attached Files:

10. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

Anyone in this thread do what she did we'd be in Jail by now.

11. thewap thread starter macrumors demi-god

thewap

Maybe Hillary will give herself a presidential pardon.

12. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

Gramps, what the hell am I paying you for?
    Nice meme, save for the fact that Petraeus shared classified information not with an army major with top secret clearance, but with his biographer/mistress, and Clinton didn't leak any information off her private server to the world. The issues surrounding Clinton don't concern leakages of classified materials, more their handling.

But I know, the facts aren't as funny or damning.

13. DUCKofD3ATH Suspended

DUCKofD3ATH

It's not like this White House never lies:

Obama: 'If you like your health care plan, you'll be able to keep your health care plan'
    We rate his claim Pants on Fire
    --- Post Merged, Feb 2, 2016 ---
    Nice meme. Except for those damning unfunny facts:

AP Exclusive: Clinton email server setup risked intrusions
    The private email server running in Hillary Rodham Clinton's home basement when she was secretary of state was connected to the Internet in ways that made it more vulnerable to hackers while using software that could have been exploited, according to data and documents reviewed by The Associated Press.

Clinton's server, which handled her personal and State Department correspondence, appeared to allow users to connect openly over the Internet to control it remotely, according to detailed records compiled in 2012. Experts said the Microsoft remote desktop service wasn't intended for such use without additional protective measures, and was the subject of U.S. government and industry warnings at the time over attacks from even low-skilled intruders.

14. citizenzen macrumors 65816

I just love how you folks will tie yourself into knots over this. And if she wins the election ... OMG ... you'll be outraged for years.

And it will be all self-inflicted.

Bon appetit.

15. DUCKofD3ATH Suspended

DUCKofD3ATH

Non sequitur city, man.

16. APlotdevice macrumors 68040

APlotdevice

Better get a check up soon. You don't want to be collapsing from a heart attack.

17. citizenzen macrumors 65816

Your outrage over this is a non sequitur?

That you will hold onto this outrage for years if she is elected is a non sequitur?

I can only hope you and your brethren lose a lot of sleep.

Keep it festering, boys.

18. sodapop1 Suspended

sodapop1

None of this nonsense would even matter or even be talked about if she weren't running for president. All this is is wishful thinking within the disgruntled GOP.

19. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 603

That would put a smile on my face for weeks. :)

20. Oudinot macrumors regular

Oudinot

I know there must be a difference between Petraeus sharing classified information with his biographer and Clinton putting it on an unsecured server where our enemies could extrapolate by hacking, but I just don't see it.

21. Robisan macrumors 6502

There's nothing funnier than wingnut butthurt.

22. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

...which would indicate an issue of handling. It's the digital equivalent of high end government official leaving top secret information out on their kitchen table while hosting a neighborhood BBQ and Fish Fry. It's sloppy as hell, certainly a breach of protocol, but it's not quite the same thing as leaking information.

23. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

They are not nvestigatng her for leaked info are they?

24. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

The sharing. She was incredibly lucky her private server was never hacked. But lucky she was, which puts this on a slightly less severe playing field.
    --- Post Merged, Feb 2, 2016 ---
    Not that I'm aware of. I think this is all coming down to improperly storing and transferring classified documents.