WH Strategy IS to keep saying fake news

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by samcraig, Feb 8, 2017.

1. samcraig macrumors P6

2. uknowimright macrumors 6502a

uknowimright

aww their poor wittle feewings got huwrt

3. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

False logic at the end. Predicting that Hillary would win is not fake news. I don't think he meant to use that as an example. If he did, then this has nothing to do with fake news and everything to do with personal vendetta. Oh wait... that really is all what this is about.

4. thewitt macrumors 68020

thewitt

The fake news announcing Hillary as the clear winner by all of the major media outlets was quite obviously a voter suppression technique. Of course it fits the narrative.

5. TheHateMachine macrumors 6502a

TheHateMachine

It is time to let go my child.

6. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

They announced her the clear winner? or did they predict that she would win based on many polls that had a reasonable margin of error? Can you clarify what you mean?

What fits the narrative?

If the objective was voter suppression - then it clearly didn't work. Just like the conspiracy theory that Hillary had rigged the election.

7. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Here's why that's so totally un-American:
    • It suggests that it's wrong to criticize the president; ergo, he is above criticism. So the media should just shut up and start being Der Furor's house organ.
    • It's Orwellian in its use of "unhealthy" to describe entirely justifiable criticism. Not all of it's even criticism. When the press points out that something Trump said is a lie or incorrect, that's not criticism, that's just a fact. But instead of manning up and admitting when they're wrong, this White House cries foul and tries to bully anyone who calls him out.
    • They're telling us outright they're going to continue their duplicitous behavior, calling real news "fake", while producing plenty of fake news of their own. They're bragging about deceiving us.
    Yup. These are some really sick bastards we've got in the White House.

8. tshrimp macrumors 6502

tshrimp

9. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

No. A staff member basically said they will call any news they don't like fake until the press shows them respect.

10. tshrimp macrumors 6502

tshrimp

Dang. That is garbage. I admit, I am tired of news reporting to get ratings or for an agenda instead of reporting accurate news, and I have no issue with Trump calling out the media since they do this. But he has to at least speak to the more honest reporters out there...Do those still exist?

11. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

That might be their strategy but it's a failing one. They will only continue to look more and more ridiculous and shrill as time goes on. A boy can only cry wolf so many times before people stop listening and believing them.

12. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

13. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

What news outlet called the election for Hillary? Or is this just an attempt at a blatant lie in the hopes everyone will ignore it?

Announcing that Hillary is the clear winner is not the same as saying that she had a 70 or 80% chance at winning based on polls. For an example of how statistics work, if I am rolling two dice and say that there is a 97% chance that I will roll something other than two ones does not mean that there is no chance of me rolling two ones, it can happen. Likewise when the media said that there was a 70 or 80 or even 90% chance that Clinton would win it didn't meant that she had that high of support or that Trump couldn't win, it just meant that the outcome where Clinton wins is most likely, but not guaranteed, just like rolling something other than two ones is most likely, but you can still roll two ones.

Of course if you are talking about them saying that she was the clear winner in the popular vote that is true, and any attempt to say otherwise is a sad attempt at lying.

14. TonyC28 macrumors 65816

TonyC28

He's starting to lose me with some of the things he says. Someone needs to dump a bucket of water over his head and scream in his face "you are the President of the United States!!!! This isn't reality tv anymore!!"
    It's probably a little trivial, but when he said yesterday that Chicago's gang violence is caused by "many of whom are not even legally in our country" I took exception. If he is just going to blame everything on illegals it's going to get harder and harder to take him seriously. He needs to learn very quickly that every word he speaks matters. And if you're going to make a claim like that about Chicago's violence you better be able to follow it up with a statistic.
    I want him to succeed so that America succeeds, but with flub after flub he is making it that much harder.

15. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

WH official: We’ll say ‘fake news’ until media realizes attitude of attacking the President is wrong

You sir have missed the point of challenging the White House when they/Trump describe factual reports about their boss's dubious activities, his fragile ego, his outlandish statements, or anything he disagrees with and talks out of his ass about it being fake news. If you read the above statement, they just stated they will lie anytime their boss is criticized for any reason justified or not.

16. mudslag macrumors regular

mudslag

Lets start with having the President be honest before claiming others are dishonest for simply not liking what they say.