What’s the best way to update my IP4 with 01.59.00 baseband and IOS 4.0

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by maximus96, Jul 13, 2011.

1. maximus96 macrumors 6502a

maximus96

I’ve stayed with IOS 4.0 ever since the beginning because I didn’t want to bother with re-downloading all the cydia stuff. Keeping an un-lockable baseband was the other reason since that will come in handy when its time to sell. Now however, a lot of the new games require 4.2 or 4.3 to run so I’m researching ways to update the OS while keeping the baseband. What is the best way to do that? I’m on a windows 7 machine and have no access to the mac tools

I remember reading about updating in itunes until an error pops up then use tiny umbrella to finish…

Thanks for your help

2. PsstGreek macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

You can use Sn0wbreeze (acts the same as PwnageTool) to create a custom 4.3.3 and preserve your baseband.

3. Shenaniganz08 macrumors 6502

I just updated my IP4 from iphone 4.1 01.59.00 baseband to 4.3.3

Biggest differences
    -Cellular bars went from 5 bars to 2 ( speed still the same)
    -Phone feels faster
    -Lot of small tweaks here and there

Overall I'm not sure If it was worth it just to download a few apps that wouldn't work with 4.1... I have to redownload all my old apps + cydia tweaks etc

4. ZCherub macrumors 6502a

ZCherub

Before you JB, look for PkgBackup in Cydia. If it's still around (been a while - I'm still onm 4.1 as well), it should let you keep all of your Cydia packages when you JB without having to go find/reinstall all of them...