What’s your “NOOOOOO!” moment?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by patrick0brien, Aug 24, 2011.

1. patrick0brien macrumors 68040

patrick0brien

We’ve all seen that movie cliché, that one when one character sees that another is about to do something really bad and screams “NOOOOOOO!!!” in slow motion.

Well, I have experienced this IRL.

Many moons ago, I was at a house party – well, more of an apartment party, but there you go. Anyway, the host had acquired a keg of cider from a European brewer. He had asked me to help tap it. The keg was resting in the dead-center of the kitchen hardwood floor, awaiting tappage. Due to my having amassed much experience in tapping kegs, I quickly realized he had an American tap – you know, one of those that are a pump and spout with hoses?

… And the smaller tap-poker-thingy?

Well, for some reason, he had a brainwave and I hear him say, “Hey, maybe I can just force it…”

That’s when it happened: As I see the American tap going into the European keg, the world went slo-mo, I leapt toward him and the keg and yelled “NOOOOOOOOO!!!!”

PSHOK!!!

I found myself at the center of what could only be described as a cider explosion. Save for the cider-shadow I cast on the wall behind me, there wasn’t a square inch of this kitchen that wasn’t doused with cider. Ceiling, walls, floor, counters, table, chairs, cupboards, the host and I, dripping.

Despite me sticking to the furniture for the rest of the night, it still turned out to be a good party :)

So, what’s your “NOOOOOO!” moment?

2. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Simply when I find out a question/problem on the test is one I decided to 'skip' during studying because I thought it was not going to be on the test.

Happens lots of times... however, the ending is 90% of the time, good.

3. Bonch macrumors 6502

Bonch

4. (marc) macrumors 6502a

(marc)

5. Young Spade macrumors 68020

Oh EA, how hated you are.

I don't really know though... I think it was when me and my girlfriend were going out to eat at a nice italian restaurant on our 5 month anniversary and some guy ran a stop sign, into the highway, and caused a 3 car wreck.

I got hit and slid through the 30 foot grass median, through 2 lanes of oncoming highway traffic, and stopped in the turning lane across the street.

It sucked and it took 2 months to get the car fixed.

And her parents found out.

And it was halfway through my Spring break so it pretty much effed any fun I would be having for the rest of the week.

I got out of that car and screamed "WHY THE **** TODAY" as I walked across the median, kicking car parts and threatening to **** something up.

It was a bad day.

6. TheyCallMeSaint macrumors regular

Man, maybe it's more dramatic in my head, but I would just be happy to be alive in that situation. And not be worried that my spring break is ruined.

7. thejadedmonkey macrumors 604

thejadedmonkey

My car's transmission went out on me, in the middle of central/western PA (near where flight 97 went down on 9/11/01), it was 10pm, and I was 5 hours from home.

It was just a baddd night.

Or when EA bought popcap games :p

8. Young Spade macrumors 68020

I mean yea, I was pretty glad, but then there comes the time to get angry, because that idiot could have killed me and/or my girlfriend.

It wasn't like it was just on some random day when I'm shooting the ****, I was trying to get some important stuff done.

But yea, I'm glad nobody got hurt.

9. lilcosco08 macrumors 65816

lilcosco08

Halo Reach forge, making a ramp for a racetrack map I was working on. Had everything smoothed out perfectly and was laying down the man cannons. Wanted to delete one and put down another in its place. Deleted a section of ramp instead.

*Powers down xbox*
    **** THIS GAME.

10. Young Spade macrumors 68020

I tend to rage quit when I either get repeatedly matched with terrible randoms playing MLG (somewhat expected) or when I repeatedly get put in matches with terrible hosts.

Needless to say, I gave my friend back the copy and I'm done with Halo for a while.

11. kellen macrumors 68020

kellen

As a student I used glue instead of stitching up a wound, was like 3/4". With glue you shouldn't cover it, as it will bind to whatever you put on it. Easy enough, but when its the second person you have sutured/closed in the ED I just wanted to do a good job.

I immediately slapped a 2x2 gauze on it, naturally. 10 seconds later I realized it. Luckily it didn't stick. Although if it would stuck the beads of sweat forming on my forehead would have been good enough to take the gauze off.:D

Luckily that was the worst I ever did as a student, there are some real horror stories out there. Gluing yourself to the patient, fainting/falling asleep in the OR and others are some I have heard.

12. greygray, Aug 28, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2011

greygray macrumors 68000

greygray

Dropping my old 3GS from the 2nd floor balcony of my house :eek:

13. Sankersizzle, Aug 28, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2014