What´s the name of that litle gadget ....

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by igmolinav, Sep 13, 2005.

  1. igmolinav macrumors 65816

    Aug 15, 2005
    Hi !!!

    What´s the name of that litle gadget that looks like a small tablet pc, that one can use to write or draw on it. The one that one can connect to one´s computer, and that some people use it for the arts, and others to hand-write?

    What brand(s) are recommended?

    Is it really worth it?

    Can you see on "the tablet" (and perhaps also on the screen) as you write?

    Thank you,

    ignacio molina.
  2. mrgreen4242 macrumors 601


    Feb 10, 2004
    You're probably referring to one of the Wacom tablets. Check out www.wacom.com for all the models that they offer. I am pretty sure one of them has an LCD that lets you see what you are "drawing" on.
  3. Jaffa Cake macrumors Core

    Jaffa Cake

    Aug 1, 2004
    The City of Culture, Englandshire
    It sounds to me like you're referring to graphic tablets, like those produced by Wacom – they're generally reckoned to be one of the best manufacturers.
  4. puckhead193 macrumors G3


    May 25, 2004
    Its for photohshop and such its for artist mostly
  5. Bob_Barker macrumors regular

    Jun 22, 2004
    Gainesville, FL
    If you are talking about a standalone device with its own screen, it sounds like a PDA. If it's a peripheral, I agree with the other posters you are probably talking about a Wacom tablet. Or possibly an active wireless display, though I haven't met any mac users who have them.

Share This Page