Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kevjen888

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 13, 2008
does S3 cellular model work with all carriers? So I can switch around? What are your current data plans look like for your S3?

riverfreak

macrumors 68000
Jan 10, 2005
Thonglor, Krung Thep Maha Nakhon
What country are you in? All the major carriers in the US support the S3 and I think they are all $10/month + taxes and fees.

On Verizon, it shares the data plan of your phone, although on your account it is configured as a separate line linked to your main line.

kevjen888

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 13, 2008
What country are you in? All the major carriers in the US support the S3 and I think they are all $10/month + taxes and fees.

On Verizon, it shares the data plan of your phone, although on your account it is configured as a separate line linked to your main line.

I’m in the US and currently have Verizon’s unlimited plan.

dave006

macrumors 68040
Jul 3, 2008
Just West of East
Not sure how you define as "the best". For me it is all about coverage and for me that means AT&T. I have tried T-Mobile and Verizon and in my area they don't have the same coverage that AT&T provides. I did not test Sprint since I don't know anybody that has Sprint in my area.

If you want the cheapest watch plan here in the USA, then you might want to consider one of the current T-Mobile plans that charge 'one' rate where fees and taxes are included in the monthly fee. On T-Mobile, the $10 watch wearable plan would be $10 and includes all taxes and fees.

Dave

kevjen888

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 13, 2008
Not sure how you define as "the best". For me it is all about coverage and for me that means AT&T. I have tried T-Mobile and Verizon and in my area they don't have the same coverage that AT&T provides. I did not test Sprint since I don't know anybody that has Sprint in my area.

If you want the cheapest watch plan here in the USA, then you might want to consider one of the current T-Mobile plans that charge 'one' rate where fees and taxes are included in the monthly fee. On T-Mobile, the $10 watch wearable plan would be $10 and includes all taxes and fees.

Dave

Can I have two different carriers forums iPhone and Apple Watch? The T-Mobile plan is exactly what I’m looking for but I’m on Verizon cellphone plan.

dave006

macrumors 68040
Jul 3, 2008
Just West of East
No both the paired iPhone and cellular watch must be on the same carrier and also on the same billing account. This means both devices must be paid for on the same bill.

Dave

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.