What 4S battery problems ?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by aLi-from-Berlin, Dec 16, 2011.

1. aLi-from-Berlin macrumors newbie

I have found a solution which solved the 4S battery problems for me

1. I switch to fly mode before going to sleep (it is also good for my health), that way the phone doesn't die on me in the middle of the night and the alarm goes off when it is suppose to.
    2. I activate the 3G only when I want to send/receive mail or need Internet when mobile.
    3. I try to avoid having to put myself in a situation where I have to go to step 2.
    4. I turn off Wi-Fi completely. Thank God for the iPad and other gadgets with bigger screens that make it possible to surf on the net.
    5. I have 3 charge adapters, one at home, one at the office, and one in my car. They take turns mating with my 4S.
    6. I often beg my son to give me back my 3G, he refuses.

So far the results are satisfactory, but I still have a last resort: 8. I take out the SIM card! Someone also told me the best thing I could do is to press and hold down the sleep/wake button at the top right for a few seconds, then take a deep breath and slide the red arrow that appears on the screen slowly from left to right. The results are apparently extraordinary, but I haven't tried it yet.

Cheers,

2. Jare macrumors 65816

Jare

Let me repeat the title of this thread, What 4S battery problems?

3. TM WAZZA macrumors 68000

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Why go through all that?
    If you just turn off the 4S you wont lose any battery at all.
    Just leave it off all day and night.
    There you go, battery issue solved:D

5. verwon macrumors 68030

verwon

And the health thing? That's been blown way out of proportion.

6. Zxxv macrumors 68030

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

You should have bought an ipod

7. mms13 macrumors 6502

No thank you, I actually like to be able to receive phone calls and texts when I'm needed.

8. blesio macrumors regular

And how the heck did you get the 3G switch option which isn't present in the 4S?

9. itsmemuffins macrumors 68030

itsmemuffins

Sphincter says, what?

10. NoHo macrumors 6502

lol, that's a lot of trouble to go through just to have a phone that will last half a day.

That's like saying you have a car, but don't drive it, walk everywhere instead, and if you do drive it, be sure you only drive it to the gas station and back so you don't run out. What's the point of having a car if you can't drive it and what's the point of having a mobile phone if you can't use it?

11. thatoneguy82 macrumors 68000

thatoneguy82

This implies that you are able to isolate the 3G signal in your 4S using 5.0.1 (assuming). That's currently not possible without tinkering with certain configurations. Do you mean you turn off all cellular data? That's 2G/3G and maybe even GPRS if your area has it.