Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacManiac1224

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 21, 2001
NY
What about new Powerbooks? Is i just me, or are the powerbooks a little outdated (in terms of speed). When are new powerbooks coming out? What do you guys think? All i think it needs is an updated chip: like 733 and 867. That would be a nice upgrade. also if the resolution could be a little higher, and please: a new graphics card! what about a new Geforce 4 Go chip? What do you guys think?

King Cobra

macrumors 603
Mar 2, 2002
Re: Responses to Powerbook G4

I think the big discussion of Powerbook G4s involved this thread:

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/2851/

If we are going to talk about Powerbook G4s here as well, yes, the Powerbook G4s are outdated. Apple needs to updated them for these reasons (I think you may have seen this style before):

(1) The Powerbook G4s speeds are slower than even the low-end iMac speeds. That right there deserves an update.
(2) The Apple iBook is already catching up to the Powerbook G4 in speeds; Apple cannot have two portable computers basically equal in MHz and have a $700 price difference. (I realize that it is G3 vs. G4, but let's say you used OS 9 and a non-G4 application. Then there is hardly any difference except the price.)
(3) Apple should fix the heat issue with Powerbooks soon, or we will be talking about Portable Ovens.

Bill Gates: All you need to upload pictures from your camera is a fast PC and some boring software.

KC: Well I have a Mac, and the software I use operates in OS X. Does that make me better than you?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.