What about the iPhone 5 would have been different if Steve was alive?

PerPlekz

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 21, 2012
Yea, its a Steve thread (RIP).

I think there would have been some differences if Steve was alive.

• I think there would have been no anodized coating paint
  • We would have kept google maps in ios6 (or at least no apologies for Apple maps like Tim did.)
  • And I think there would have been no "glass windows" on the back of the phones, something more "one piece"
just my thoughts

Last edited:

nefan65

macrumors 65816
Apr 15, 2009
I always find you'll get positive feedback, and responses when you end your posts with "Nothing to get butthurt over"...works like a charm every time.:rolleyes:

CanadaEh

macrumors regular
Oct 17, 2011
Toronto
I'm pretty sure Steve Jobs worked closely with Apple for designs for the iPhones for the next couple of years. So to answer your question, No. It would not have been different if he was still alive.

deyjavoo

macrumors member
Dec 1, 2008
I thought I read and heard the iPhone 5 was his baby?

Also, considering he threatened thermonuclear war on Google I'm guessing Apple Maps was also his idea.

Last edited:

PerPlekz

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 21, 2012
Even though he had his hand in the production, or if the phone was made two years ago... How do you guys know if there weren't major changes in the design after his passing?

Speculation and assumptions.

richpuer

macrumors 6502
Nov 15, 2010
no because this phone was the last one he touched. its his legacy. i love it collectors item here

Dolorian

macrumors 65816
Apr 25, 2007
Steve Jobs was working both on the iPhone 5 and Maps before his passing, I don't think there would have been much of a change in them if he were still alive.

YungMoola94

macrumors regular
Jun 18, 2010
Well first off he wouldn't have approved of the two tone back and there wouldn't be any scuffs right out of the box.

famous600

macrumors 6502a
Apr 8, 2010
Steve Jobs was working both on the iPhone 5 and Maps before his passing, I don't think there would have been much of a change in them if he were still alive.
I agree but there would have been NO quality control problems.

norwegian wood

macrumors regular
Jun 15, 2010
He's dead. If they thought the design they came up with was nicer or they didn't have it set in stone they would change the design all they want.
Do you really think they are worried about pleasing him now?

famous600

macrumors 6502a
Apr 8, 2010
He's dead. If they thought the design they came up with was nicer or they didn't have it set in stone they would change the design all they want.
Do you really think they are worried about pleasing him now?
With as controlling as he was over every aspect I would not be surprised if there were contracts in place. "this is what it will look like etc,"

sviato

macrumors 68020
Oct 27, 2010
HR 9038 A
I'm sure Steve had a hand in this design prior to his passing. Just my thoughts tho.
apparently he was "deeply involved" with the iphone 5 before his passing

Anyways, what would've been different is that instead of an apology like Tim gave, Steve would make some snarky comments about how Apple's maps are still better and just show what manipulation of maps is possible etc etc

armoredsaint

macrumors regular
Sep 7, 2010
USA
apparently he was "deeply involved" with the iphone 5 before his passing

Anyways, what would've been different is that instead of an apology like Tim gave, Steve would make some snarky comments about how Apple's maps are still better and just show what manipulation of maps is possible etc etc
+1

he would never admit wrong and that everyone else is stupid