What about those aluminum cases for the aluminum iPhone 5?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by viewfly, Oct 4, 2012.

1. viewfly, Oct 4, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2012

viewfly macrumors 65816

viewfly

I'm starting to see them around. Does this Al fare better than the original?

How did the Al cases for the 4S and 4 fare with regards to scuffs and nicks? Many we're anodized in colors.

I think about this article from May 2011. So we got what was asked for. Is the Apple 6000 Al worse? Or is the advantage that it was replaceable?

'After getting your iPhone 4, the last thing you will want to happen is to accidentally drop or scratch it. Nothing beats the annoying feeling of using a worn out and battered iPhone. To avoid damaging your phone 4, you definitely need to get an iPhone 4 aluminum case for it.

iPhone 4 Aluminum Case Round Up
    Much as Apple want to advertise the iPhone 4 as a tough device that can stand up to getting battered, beaten and scratched, it is still better to err on the side of safety -- and that means protecting your iPhone 4 from accidental falls and scratches. That's where finding the best and most durable iPhone 4 cases comes in. Thankfully, the market has many types of cases to offer -- one such type is an aluminum case. Here we give you five of the best iPhone 4 aluminum cases available in the market today.'

http://www.brighthub.com/mobile/mobile-accessories/articles/109202.aspx

2. Rock-On!! macrumors newbie

I love the way those look....
    Has anyone used these type of bumpers with the iPhone 5?
    What about reception issues?

3. hatersgonnahate macrumors 6502a

same reception issues for the iphone 5 if u get an aluminum case.

4. damant macrumors 6502

damant

So far there hasn't been an 100% aluminum case that doesn't reduce signal on iPhone 4 ( element vapor 4,deff cleave ...). iPhone 5 shouldn't behave much diff with these type of cases. ( I've tried a vapor 4 type case on iPhone 5 and it does adversely affect signal strength )
    The closest one that might work is hybrid type : atomic hybrid ; element vapor pro ...

It's just a matter of time ... Waiting ....

5. Aimetti macrumors newbie

The knockoff I got from ebay has no signal issues. However it was taken down from ebay it seems.

image_1.jpeg

image_4.jpeg

image_5.jpeg

6. Rock-On!! macrumors newbie

Yeah that sucks.
    I just like how clean they look and the protection provided.
    I used a leather flip case on the 4, but would like to go a different direction with the new 5.

Nice case.
    I wonder if the current ones on eBay will work?

7. JonMPLS macrumors 65816

I liked the look and feel of Al cases so much I bought several for my iPhone 4. e13tron AL, e13tron hybrid, and Element. Signal loss for the phone was measurable, but not really enough to worry about for me. But the effect on GPS was really annoying. Driving around it could have me off 1 block or more. Or respond slowly when turning a corner. So waiting for reviews on the 5 cases--especially on GPS.