What accessories did you buy for your new 5s/5c?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Bobioden, Oct 13, 2013.

1. Bobioden, Oct 13, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2013

Bobioden macrumors 68000

Bobioden

2. bhags8, Oct 14, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2013

bhags8 macrumors 6502a

I'll bite.

Gold 32gb 5s

Spigen Tough Armor (Gold)
    Magpul Field Case (Flat Earth)
    Ringke Fusion (Mint)
    Caseology Slim Fit (Sky Blue)
    Caseology Slim Fit (Lime)
    Spigen Glas.T Slim Screen Protector
    Jawbone BIG Jambox
    Belkin 3' Lighting Cable
    Jackery Bar 5600mah Black

3. 4theking, Oct 14, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2013

4theking macrumors member

4theking

4. xraytech macrumors 68020

5. 4theking macrumors member

4theking

That's an expensive accessory. I'm looking for a Bose QC3 replacement. How are the Parrots working out for you?

6. mirz2000 macrumors regular

All I have right now is the black leather case, but am seriously eyeing the Hirise stand!

7. xraytech macrumors 68020

If you sprung for the QC3's then you shouldn't balk at the Zik's. These Cans are SICK!!!

8. vmaniqui macrumors 6502a

vmaniqui

9. Bobioden thread starter macrumors 68000

Bobioden

I have only had it a couple days, but so far it is great. It has a nice solid feel. I an not sure how many iPhone charges it will give. The charge is broken down into 10 segments. Yesterday my iPhone was at 48% and my Nook Tablet was at 52%. I plugged them both in and was amazed at how fast they both came to 100%. When the charging was done, it had used a little over 2 of the segments.

So I am guessing with just the iPhone I will be able to get 5-6 charges.

I have the 9000mAh. It looks like Anker just released a 6000mAh version.

So the Astro3 is 12000mAh, with 3 usb slots, the Astro2 is 9000mAh with 2 usb slots and the Astro is the 6000mAh version with 1 usb slot.

For me I needed the 2 slots. I am on my Patio all summer reading with my tablet, so to be able to charge it, plus my phone at the same time is what I needed in a Battery Backup.

10. 4theking macrumors member

4theking

I sprung for a pair of scratch n dent, refurb QC3s via ebay.

#highroller

Can you compare the noise cancellation with the Zik to Bose?

11. Six8 macrumors 65816

Six8

Link?

12. thelookingglass macrumors 68000

Caudabe Veil thin case
    Anker external battery
    Tech Armor screen protectors

13. paulyeo macrumors member

Apple black leather case and tempered glass screen protector.

14. xraytech, Oct 19, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2013

xraytech macrumors 68020

Noise cancellation is a lot better on the Ziks because they are over ear vs on ear on the QC3s.

----------

http://www.parrot.com/zik/usa/

15. AAPLinc, Oct 19, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2013

AAPLinc macrumors 65816

Tech 21 clear impact shell (case), secondary case is a magpul
    Best skins ever back shield
    Sticker Boy side wraps
    Glass screen protector (eBay)
    Port covers for charge port and headphone port

16. cosmicastronaut macrumors member

iPhone 5s 32 GB GOLD (Receiving on Monday, the 21st)

• Brown Leather iPhone 5s Case
    • Spigen SGP NeoHybrid EX Slim Bumper in Champagne
    • Spigen SGP Ultra Crystal Screen Protectors
    • BSE Matte Body Shield
    • Antec Anti-Bacterial, Anti-Fingerprint Cleaning Spray bottle with Chamois cloth

List will definitely grow over time! :p

17. SMELTN, Oct 20, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2013
  18. 4theking macrumors member

4theking

Sounds like a winner. The QC3s just weren't doing it for me. There was a always a weird pressure when the noise cancellation was active.

19. veedubshafer macrumors 6502

Spigen Tough Armor and Spigen Crystal Clear screen protector. I don't need anything else for a phone I'll only keep for 1 year.

20. RolandNights macrumors 6502a

32gb Gold iPhone 5S

I bought a few cases and whatnot, but I'm not going to keep all of them.

Keeping -

1) Spigen Steinheil Screen Protector - Bough it mainly for the back protector. Overall pretty solid and I like how the back screen protector is matted.

2) Magpul iPhone 5 - Blue - I think we've reviewed the Magpul Field Case over and over again. I really like it and it was really cheap, so why not? I'll use this one at the gym or if I go out hiking.

3) Avivo Rail Carbonate - Black + Visor - I actually DON'T like the visor because it seems like it will scratch over time. However, the bumper itself is awesome. I love the black on the gold iPhone 5s and the copperish buttons blend in well with the gold actually. I love the soft feel to the bumper, as well. Definitely a keeper and even moreso because I got it half-off.

MAYBE -

1) M's AL13 Aluminum Bumper - Blue - Very minimalistic in design, almost to a fault. It also feels kind of sharp on the inside of the back of the bumper. It's not uncomfortable, but I definitely notice it every time I slide my fingers along the back edges of the phone. I'm concerned about how it affects reception. I mean, I already have Sprint. I don't want to make it worse! Either way, I had a few mishaps in LA today with reception. While my brother's naked iPhone 5 did, too, I want to continue using it to see how reception is impacted in normal everyday use.

I really like the blue, though. Blue and gold is one of my favorite color combinations, so I'm tempted to keep it. If I find another awesome blue bumper that's cheaper and doesn't impact reception, I'll return it for sure.

RETURNING -

1) Pad & Quill - Little Pocket Book - This one hurts me. I really wanted to like this case. I was a HUGE BookBook fan for the 4S, but I didn't like the changes to the new BookBook. That's why I went for the P&Q. My main problem is that it's just bulky. The 5s is already bigger than the 4S, but the wooden frame around the phone just adds a significant girth to the overall profile. When I'm sitting at my desk or at home, I just found myself always taking it out of the P&Q because it was just THAT much easier to use the naked phone. Definitely not to use one-handed. I also did not like having to use the strap to keep it shut.

However, it's a great-looking case and definitely high quality craftsmanship. I got tons of compliments in the short time I had it, but the bulkiness was just too much for me to keep it.

21. alanrocks macrumors regular

alanrocks

Accessories for my new 5S

I bought the Apple Case several weeks back and this has happened to it already(see below), has this happened to anyone else? I haven't dropped it at all, just seems to have become easily worn on every corner and edge - not impressed by this:mad:.

I came across this bendy stick stand on Kickstarter that I have pledged. Looks like a pretty neat stand that will come in handy on my commute to work.

I had previously bought the Jawbone Jambox which is awesome sounding so I will be continuing to use this.

However, I am looking for a recommendation on earphones that are waterproof and stay in your ear whilst running? Have been looking everywhere but can't find a reasonably priced pair...

Attached Files:

22. Droidrage729 macrumors 6502

Space gray iPhone 5s and an element rogue case I love it rugged great looking and light.

23. Quake1028 macrumors member

Quake1028