What all are you putting on your iPhone 5?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by VivaLaFisica, Sep 23, 2012.

?

What're you putting on your iPhone 5?

1. Nothing

9 vote(s)
    45.0%
  2. One thing

5 vote(s)
    25.0%
  3. Two things

4 vote(s)
    20.0%
  4. Three+ things

2 vote(s)
    10.0%
  1. VivaLaFisica macrumors regular

Privacy Screen
    I've never had one of these before, but I do want to keep those interested in what I'm doing on my phone out.

Skin
    I've used skins for four years now. They look amazing and last forever. It also protects from basic scratches.

Defender Case
    Using this so I can be a bit more carefree with my phone's care.

I've never been one to want to show off the iPhone's design. We all know what it looks like. Putting things on the phone doesn't change the phone itself, which is what matters to me. Besides, I like showing off my uniqueness. So even after removing the case to show them the phone itself, they'll be surprised by the skin. BAM!

2. raremage macrumors 6502a

3. Cubeeless macrumors regular

Cubeeless

4. Captainobvvious macrumors 6502

I am using an Otterbox Defender.

I never thought I would ever use a case but I actually like the quality look and feel and it adds a ton of durability. Thinking resale value later. I got it for $25 from Best Buy using their discount through someone.

I will never in a million years ever get Applecare+ or any extended warranty. They are all scams.

5. greytmom macrumors 68040

greytmom

Ghost Armor, and a thin clear case (or bumper). I want minimal, but I also want it to be protected from surface abrasions.

6. VivaLaFisica thread starter macrumors regular

I've never gotten AppleCare and won't just because I'm already careful with my devices and don't need to spend the money, but why do you say it's a scam? Just curious.

----------

I considered ghost armor, but I was swayed by some bad reviews. Besides, I kind of wanted my skin anyway. I had never used ghost armor before, so.... Eh.

7. Captainobvvious macrumors 6502

Scam might be a harsh word but they aren't worth it. Stores push them because they're almost pure profit. The VAST majority of the warranties sold are never cashed in and are thus money made from suckers.

If I buy Applecare+ and DON'T break my phone I wasted $100
    If I don't buy it and break my phone it will cost me only $80 more to get a new replacement from Apple over people with Applecare+ ($150 v. $230)

The cost of the plan is greater than the benefit you get from it... Unless you break your phone twice.

8. VivaLaFisica thread starter macrumors regular

Oh, ok. I agree, then.