What apple has in common with failed left wing politics

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Galacticos, Nov 22, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Galacticos macrumors 6502a

Galacticos

Current left wing politics is distinct from other forms in recent memory in that it is characterised by leaders who think it's ok to tell people what to think and decide on their behalf what they want, without consulting them.

Tim Cook is allowing apple to fall into the malaise of treating its customers in this way. I think the board would do well to recognise the signs in that the UK and the USA have in 2016 said enough is enough, and you can bet your bottom dollar there will be more countries, particularly Europe, that end the reign of some particularly noxious individuals who purvey this repugnant style of leadership (Merkel, Hollande etc).

There can be no doubt in time these 'leaders' will look back and wonder how they could have been so arrogant and self righteous as to trot out the propaganda of their own narratives and actually believe the general public were so equally deluded as to swallow it whole.

The sooner Apple finds itself scrapping for sales - which is beginning and it's current trajectory - the sooner Tim Cook and the board might wake up to themselves

2. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

Can you point to any historically "left" politician currently in the US? Even Bernie Sanders is essentially a centrist in the same vein as Eisenhower.

"Left" in power in the USA, you guys really are funny. The rest of the world would tell you that from any international measure the US is led by the right wing corporatists.

3. Tommo66 macrumors newbie

Do we really need another Tim Cook bashing thread !!!!!

4. Galacticos thread starter macrumors 6502a

Galacticos

I'm calling them by the name they call themselves - I mean the social justice warrior/feelings over facts parties that each country seems to have a version of
    --- Post Merged, Nov 22, 2016 ---
    I think as long as he gives us the ammunition we should keep firing

5. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

6. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

I don't know why you bothered to move it. The responses won't get any more enlightening wherever you put it...

7. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

MOD NOTE: From the links above "If you aren't interested in a thread, skip the thread; don't post to tell us you aren't interested."

B

8. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

Yes. For the reasons in the OP, no.

9. SusanK macrumors 68000

Yes

10. I7guy macrumors G5

The way apple seems to be going, this will be in the next lifetime.

11. Galacticos thread starter macrumors 6502a

Galacticos

We'll see about that. i think apples current sales are because of the extradinary brand built up until 2011, not because of the quality of hardware or software in recent times

12. Gutwrench macrumors 65816

Gutwrench

Moving on to another thread then.

ETA:

G

13. I7guy macrumors G5

Well we will have to wait and see, you are correct. I can't generalize about the masses but my microcosm seems to like current Apple products and I personally like the hardware and software quality.

14. BorderingOn macrumors 6502

Ahem...

"A lot of times, people don't know what they want until you show it to them."

- Steve Jobs

15. cwosigns macrumors 65816

cwosigns

No one is telling anyone what to think, or deciding for them what they want without consulting them. What we (I'm a proud lefty) are saying is that everyone should have equal rights, equal pay, equal control over their own bodies...regardless of race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion (or lack thereof), gender and country of origin. How is any of that telling people what to think? You can think anything you want, but your actions should never be such that you try to limit or squelch the rights of minorities and women.

16. Galacticos thread starter macrumors 6502a

Galacticos

What you've described there are classical liberal ideas - you'd be hard pressed to find many westerners who disagree.

Telling people what to think is saying what you want to be true repeatedly with the expectation the masses are silly enough to fall for it..

Enter Tim Cook. Saying 'we think you're going to love it' after every deflating product announcement that is aimed solely at wringing customers dry of their money. Listening to Obama and Hillary say we are stronger together.. they obviously haven't been to Brussels, or the French ghettos, or to a lesser extent east London recently.

Repeating idealistic nonsense doesn't make it any more true. And as a big Apple fan I'm getting sick of hearing apple leaders repeat their own idealism about their products and their customer base

Ps. You 'lefties' should read the Quran because what you've listed is violated at every turn by Islam

17. the8thark macrumors 68040

the8thark

The answer is not yes and not no. The answer is so the truth can be heard by all. Not moderated, not swept under the carpet. We need ot expose anyone who wants to keep the truth corruptly hidden. This is why we need to drain the swamp.

18. cwosigns macrumors 65816

cwosigns

And conservative sects of Christianity as well. But what does Islam, or any religion really, have to do with the fundamental rights of all Americans?

19. the8thark macrumors 68040

the8thark

Extremist islamic terrorism.

20. Galacticos thread starter macrumors 6502a

Galacticos

Apologies. This thread was started to discuss leadership by hectoring, not islam

21. cwosigns macrumors 65816

cwosigns

Extremist Christian terrorism.

22. mudslag macrumors regular

mudslag

I don't get how you make a jump from what cwosigns said, which btw pretty valid, to lefties should read the Quran. What exactly is the point you're trying to make with this thread?

23. Galacticos thread starter macrumors 6502a

Galacticos

It's valid, but I seriously question anyone who believes that western cultures have a long way to go on any of those values when over 750 million people believe sharia should be the law of the land. Which is to say those causes that lefties identify with are sorely lacking most in Islam - and in comparison with Islam, the 'need' for them in the west barely moves the needle.

The point of the thread is to say that Tim Cook and Apple now fit neatly in 'the establishment' that likes to create their own version of what is true (also to hear other opinions on this :) )

24. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

Uhh, no. You haven't been following Apple very long if you think this philosophy is new to Apple under Tim Cook.

25. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

Are you familiar with Jewish law in places like NYC? There are matters that the Jewish community handles internally outside of a US court. Sharia Law, in almost all of the world other than the extreme repressed nations, is exactly the same thing. The term itself has been perverted by western media.