What Apple Product(s) Will You Gift This Holiday Season?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Caliber26, Dec 21, 2011.

1. Caliber26 macrumors 68000

Caliber26

Last week, I purchased an iPad 2 for myself and got the chance to demonstrate it to my mom and her husband. Both of them instantly fell in love with it and found the AirPlay capability to be truly amazing, as well as the million other things one can do with an iPad. I also found out they're interested in finding a way to wirelessly stream their iTunes music collection to their living room speakers, and they're also curious about Netflix streaming. So, this Christmas, I am giving them a 16GB WiFi iPad 2 (they'll have to fight over it share, I guess) and a second-generation Apple TV. -- Needless to say, I can't wait to see their faces when they open their gifts.

What Apple greatness are you gifting to your loved ones this season?

2. thatoneguy82 macrumors 68000

thatoneguy82

Gave a MacBook, iPhone, iPod, iPad and also an Airport Express. Possibly, may add AppleTV - undecided.

3. Comeagain? macrumors 68020

Comeagain?

4. JudgeKenny macrumors member

My parents bought me an iMac (21") and I bought myself an iPad with the Christmas money my grandparents gave me. This is my first Mac, so I'm very excited.

~Katie~

5. Caliber26 thread starter macrumors 68000

Caliber26

Congrats on your first Mac. Those are two great gifts, indeed.

6. OneMike macrumors 603

OneMike

iTunes gift card. Everyone I'd buy Apple products for already is set so not much else to get Apple related besides that.

7. Vincent7 macrumors member

I got a White Iphone 4s! My first Iphone.!: So I'm very excited:D

8. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

I didn't give a single Apple product as a gift this year.

9. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

^^^ Me neither. I got a BlackBerry Playbook from my brother, who I asked to get me one while I was overseas. I was willing to pay him back, but it was my gift, and I absolutely love it. :)

It's awesome for web browsing, FaceBook, and watching movies. I'm not really interested in much else, so this is perfect.

10. UlsterApple macrumors regular

iPad 2 for my daughter and iPod for me.
    The iPad2 is amazing.

11. Sankersizzle macrumors 6502a

Sankersizzle

12. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

None. When it comes to computers and personal devices, my family like to choose their own.

Last year I gave my sister an iTunes gift card but she'd rather get blurays, CDs, console games and clothes (AND she's not old, how cool is that?).

13. mscriv macrumors 601

mscriv

This year I gave an iPod Touch and an iTunes gift card. Other family members gave a MacBook, iPhone 4S, and an iPad. My wife and I are the resident Mac experts on my side of the family so we have to teach people to use their new gifts and provide tech support as well. :)

14. JudgeKenny macrumors member

I bought my sister's kids iPod Shuffles. Their first iPods. :)

15. Caliber26 thread starter macrumors 68000

Caliber26

LOL @ providing tech support. I have had to go three times to my mom's house to show them how to operate their AppleTV and access their computer library from it. My mother is also panicked at pressing play on Netflix movies because she keeps thinking it's going to charge her $4.99 per movie, like with the iTunes rentals. I swear, I wish I would've just gotten them a restaurant gift card. :p

16. mscriv macrumors 601

mscriv

I guess it just comes with the territory. I was providing support via text for setting up a printer and how to's in iPhoto three days after Christmas. There's no remote log on possible and since I live 10+ hours away it always ends up as phone or text support. Eh, my family's worth it though. :D