what apps take advantage of the 5s fingerprint scanner?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by eye.surgeon, Sep 26, 2013.

1. eye.surgeon, Sep 26, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2013

eye.surgeon macrumors 6502

I can envision a whole new category of apps that utilize the fingerprint scanner on the 5s to secure data. For example, a email apps, banking apps, secure photo apps, storage/drive apps, etc. Many current apps would be well served to offer a version that can be opened via fingerprint. Basically any app that currently requires some level of login or password entry could utilize the fingerprint scanner.

Any thoughts? It seems as though the fingerprint scanner is hardly utilized as it is, simply controlling logging into the phone itself.

2. docal97 macrumors 6502a

docal97

Good thoughts. All possible. But i'm not sure that Apple has opened up the API's for the fingerprint sensor. Perhaps a developer would know more about this possibility.

3. Shockwave78 macrumors 65816

Shockwave78

This could be done already, but even though apple would never admit it, this touchid thing is a beta in progress for all things future.

They need to prove its safe and secure to use on there own stuff before they use it on other accounts outside of apple. Otherwise they could be in big trouble if things go the wrong way with it.

I can definetly forsee some type of wizard in the future.

In settings something like

"Twitter app"

"enter password for your twitter account"

It sends and stores it on the A7, when you go to twitter it logs you in.