What are my options for repair/return of my macbook? Airport keeps dropping out.

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by kewl, Mar 2, 2008.

1. kewl macrumors newbie

I have had it with my macbook!! :mad:

Problem: airport extreme constantly dropping connection. Constantly. Other laptops are working fine off the same 2wire wireless router.

I've researched this extensively in this forum and on Apple's support site. It seems a small number of people have this problem, but no one has a solution.

I purchased my macbook in November 2007, so I'm just out of the 90 day call in service. I don't have apple care. I don't see an option on Apple's support site to email in my issue for anything other than itunes or .mac. Should I take it into a store to the genius bar? If I do that, will they charge me? I'm still under the 1 year warranty.

I like my macbook in every other way, but this issue is annoying me to no end. :eek:

Someone please advise.

2. Ugg macrumors 68000

Ugg

Take it to the genius bar and explain your problem. The genius bar is free.

Your Mac has a one year warranty.

Be nice, but firm and let them know how unhappy you are.

Good luck!

3. Beric macrumors 68020

Beric

#1 Make sure your router has the latest firmware.
    #2 Make sure you have the 10.5.2 update.

Doing that has fixed my wireless problem, it seems, permanently. It used to be terrible. I use a Linksys wireless B router, and a September MB.

4. chrismac00 macrumors 6502a

I have this problem too! Gosh! It's really annoying. But I don't know if it's the computer or the router, because when I have this problem, the original computer's internet which is directly hooked up to the router(a PC), doesn't work either.:(