What are my options for repair/return of my macbook? Airport keeps dropping out.

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by kewl, Mar 2, 2008.

1. kewl macrumors newbie

I have had it with my macbook!! :mad:

Problem: airport extreme constantly dropping connection. Constantly. Other laptops are working fine off the same 2wire wireless router.

I've researched this extensively in this forum and on Apple's support site. It seems a small number of people have this problem, but no one has a solution.

I purchased my macbook in November 2007, so I'm just out of the 90 day call in service. I don't have apple care. I don't see an option on Apple's support site to email in my issue for anything other than itunes or .mac. Should I take it into a store to the genius bar? If I do that, will they charge me? I'm still under the 1 year warranty.

I like my macbook in every other way, but this issue is annoying me to no end. :eek:

Someone please advise.

2. karenflower macrumors 6502a

karenflower

You automatically have AppleCare for a year after purchase, so you could take it to the store no problem. :)

3. jane doe macrumors 6502

I would just call apple and have them set up a repair if they can't fix it over the phone. It still could be software.

A return is not going to be an option for a computer purchased in november.

Take care

4. tsice19 macrumors 6502a

tsice19

I just got my MacBook and have that problem a fraction of the time. Here's what I do to fix it.

1) Settings>Network>AirPort>Advanced>Renew DHCP Release
    2) Move where I have a better signal
    3)...