What are my options?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by roxics, Oct 19, 2013.

1. roxics macrumors regular

Can I return my 5C to the Apple store, buy a cheap candybar GoPhone for now and order the 5S online? My last day for a return is tomorrow. Yet it will probably be weeks before a 5S is available. So I need a phone until then.

Since I traded in my 4S for the 5C Apple will probably just put the money back on a gift card I assume.

What if I decided to go with an HTC One instead? I can't get that money back as cash from Apple can I?

2. marcovortex macrumors member

marcovortex

I think that the agreement you signed when you traded in your 4s had you agree to no returns and just standard warranty coverage. Their is no way for them to return your phone and the agreement wasn't set up to give you money on a gift card to spend at the apple store as you please. The money was only meant to apply as a discount of the new phone.

Do me a favour though please. After you call or try to return it, update this forum. I'm interested if this is how it works.

3. roxics thread starter macrumors regular

I talked to Apple (800 number), the Apple store I bought the phone at and AT&T. It turns out I am past my return date. While Apple offers a 30 day return on the phone (the only one I was looking at) AT&T only has a 14 day return policy in regards to upgrade eligibility.

Other than that, Apple said I could return the phone, but I wouldn't get the discounted rate going with the 5S. So no point in that.

However AT&T did say I could add a line for $10 a month and get the 5S on that line at a discount while also keeping my 5C. The third line would just be inactive.

I may take that option. But I'll probably just wait for the iPhone 6 to do that. I don't dislike the 5C. I've had no complaints so far. Just figured I wold go for the best model I could since I'll have it for two years. So I'll just use it for a year and then add a line when the 6 comes out.