What are my pre-ordering options if I qualify for a company discount?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by greenfields, Jun 10, 2010.

1. greenfields macrumors member

I believe if your company offers discounted AT&T pricing, you are required to go through AT&T to get the discount, is that what others are hearing?

You can't pre-order the phone without creating an account can you? And you can't activate the discounted pricing by pre-ordering electronically? If it were that simple I'd imagine everyone would just be copy/pasting company names in to their online pre-orders.

So basically, do I have to go to AT&T in person to pre-order to get my account setup with the proper discounts? I forgot to mention that this would be for setting up new family plan service and transitioning multiple numbers over from another phone company.

I tried calling AT&T but they can't even tell me where the phones would go if I preordered (home or store), nor could they tell me if I am able to order all the iPhones myself, or if I'm limited to 1 per person and I have to have everyone with me when pre-ordering!

2. MikePA macrumors 68020

MikePA

Why wouldn't you simply pre-order online at the ATT web site?

When I do that now, ATT knows about my FAN discount and applies it to the list of phones I can chose from.

3. greenfields thread starter macrumors member

I don't have an existing AT&T account, so would the website know automatically about my discount, or does it let you put it in online? When I went in person to the store 6 months ago to check, the person there had to make a couple phone calls to determine my discount pricing, it didn't seem so simple!

4. jeffpickl macrumors member

It's highly unlikely you'll get any further discount to the phone itself... You can always add the service discount on after you get the phone. You can do this through the Premier site www.att.com/premier or through an AT&T store.

5. MikePA macrumors 68020

MikePA

Register online then and get this straightened out now.

I had my own ATT phone and had registered online for years before my company offered a FAN discount. Once they offered the discount, I got the FAN number, applied it to my account without a hassle. All you need is the code, which you'd get from the person who handles this where you work.

When I login at attwireless.com, click on Check Upgrade Options then select my iPhone (I am on a Family Plan) I am redirected to the ATT Premier page where I can select a new phone, new plan, accessories, etc.

6. greenfields thread starter macrumors member

I'll give that site a shot, looks promising, thanks!