What are some fun/social apps for a group of friends living far apart to keep in regu

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by truth1ness, Oct 19, 2014.

1. truth1ness macrumors regular

We do a Google hangout once in a while but looking for other casual communication/fun apps for a group of friends living far apart.

2. sundog925 macrumors 6502a

facebook?
    Skype?

just google social networking and enjoy.

3. truth1ness thread starter macrumors regular

Google Hangouts already has the videochat like Skype. Anything beyond the obvious big social networks like Facebook? I know what social networking is. Like new small group games or sharing apps or anything more novel. Like a group version of Words with Friends or Snapchat but less nude picture focused.

4. lienhart macrumors 6502

lienhart

WeChat is great! My sister uses it for all her friends in California. It has cute little animated emoticons and can do cool things like change the group name, ect. It's
    casual chatting but still really fun :)

5. bushido Suspended

bushido

i use snapchat to stay in touch with friends i made studying abroad. its almost like u r there, well kinda

6. KUguardgrl13 macrumors 68020

KUguardgrl13

If you're into gaming try Clash of Clans. My friends and I set up a clan and have had fun battling other people. You're not really playing together unless you do clan wars, but it's fun to talk about :) There was also Farmville a few years ago, but I think that's pretty much dead now :rolleyes:

7. Dranix macrumors 6502a

Dranix