What are some fun/social apps for a group of friends living far apart to keep in regu

truth1ness

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 8, 2011
We do a Google hangout once in a while but looking for other casual communication/fun apps for a group of friends living far apart.

truth1ness

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 8, 2011
Google Hangouts already has the videochat like Skype. Anything beyond the obvious big social networks like Facebook? I know what social networking is. Like new small group games or sharing apps or anything more novel. Like a group version of Words with Friends or Snapchat but less nude picture focused.

lienhart

macrumors 6502
Jun 24, 2013
WeChat is great! My sister uses it for all her friends in California. It has cute little animated emoticons and can do cool things like change the group name, ect. It's
casual chatting but still really fun :)

bushido

Suspended
Mar 26, 2008
Germany
i use snapchat to stay in touch with friends i made studying abroad. its almost like u r there, well kinda

KUguardgrl13

macrumors 68020
May 16, 2013
Kansas, USA
Google Hangouts already has the videochat like Skype. Anything beyond the obvious big social networks like Facebook? I know what social networking is. Like new small group games or sharing apps or anything more novel. Like a group version of Words with Friends or Snapchat but less nude picture focused.
If you're into gaming try Clash of Clans. My friends and I set up a clan and have had fun battling other people. You're not really playing together unless you do clan wars, but it's fun to talk about :) There was also Farmville a few years ago, but I think that's pretty much dead now :rolleyes: