What are some good reasons to move to Yosemite?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Audiosond, Mar 9, 2015.

1. Audiosond macrumors newbie

What are some reasons some people don’t switch to Yosemite from Maverick?

2. aquilc macrumors member

Yosemite has some performance issues and WiFi issues among others including issues with Safari.

Benefits include:
    A GUI with transparency (very similar to IOS interface).
    Better integration with iOS Devices, like you can accept calls on your MAC from your iPhone.
    Or a new feature called Handoff, which you can start something on a device linked to your iCloud account, and continue working on it on another device which is linked on the same iCloud Account, like an Email for an example.

It's best that before you upgrade, you should check for compatibility on third-party issues with MAC OS X 10.10 Yosemite.

From my experience I only used MAC OS X a couple of times so I cannot say if the user experience on Yosemite is better than Mavericks or worse.

2 issues which I had met on Yosemite is FileVault, because my mid-2014 Macbook Pro with Retina Display wasn't switching off when the battery's capacity was less than 50%, so I had to turn off the security feature.
    The other issue was that Safari wasn't always loading websites and I had to close Safari and open it again. My Safari issue was solved with 10.10.2, although you might find some users complaining that the issue hasn't been solved on their MACs yet. But this might depend on various issues, like third-party applications installed on the MAC, and previous MAC OS X which were already installed on the MAC if Yosemite was as an upgrade instead of a clean installation.

I had also used Yosemite on a 2009 Macbook Air for a short time and the performance was very slow. When I used this Macbook Air, no major updates were released, so performance might have improved with some major updates. I had to turn off some GUI features like transparency, some search features, and notifications.