What are some things you hate about the iPhone 5?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by thet3chbr0th3r5, Sep 24, 2012.

1. thet3chbr0th3r5 macrumors member

thet3chbr0th3r5

What are some things you hate about the iPhone 5? I would really like to know.

2. From A Buick 8 macrumors 68040

From A Buick 8

3. NM08SRT8 macrumors 6502a

NM08SRT8

4. spades1412 macrumors 6502

5. Marli macrumors regular

The 1980 OS.. In very much need of an update to bring it into the 2000's.

6. RobesNo1 macrumors regular

It's a faster, thinner, lighter iPhone 4s with a bigger screen.

Everyone knows by now what they're getting, anyone who expects anything else is going to be disappointed. Personally I love it!

People who want NFC/wireless charging should go buy an Android, personally I couldn't give a carp about them. :)

7. jimN macrumors 6502a

jimN

So let me get this straight? You posted a review of a product that you hadn't used and had merely handled in a store?

Life was a good deal simpler when children couldn't broadcast every thought that they ever had. I don't hate anything about the iPhone 5 but I do find it slightly more awkward to use in one hand, largely because it's so thin it seems to lack some stability in your palm.

Otherwise everything about it is an improvement over the 4S, although perhaps not in a meaningful enough way to mean you should upgrade out of contract.

8. thet3chbr0th3r5 thread starter macrumors member

thet3chbr0th3r5

I just hate the fact the I have to wait for the apps to be updated for the 4 inch screen

9. VivaLaFisica macrumors regular

Obviously. Have you seen your disliked bar?

What sort of "in detail" are you talking about? I watched the video in you sig.

This is you from 0:00-4:30
    I checked in out in black cuz I thought it looked cool
    The white looks also nice as well
    The full screen looks nice
    The camera is freakin awesome
    I like the feel of it
    I thought passbook was cool
    The weather (app) is cool

Your so called "review" is nothing but you subjecting the device to your own opinion and not offering any actual information.

At 4:30 you state "So that's my iPhone 5 review" as if to end the "review".

From 4:30-5:00 you actually mention some details. A6 processor, four inch display, new lighting dock -- all of which things we already know and you never went into detail about anything.

Give up.

10. appswipe macrumors 6502

Theres a lot more that I like than I dislike, but I'll play the game.

- Indoor/Low Light camera quality
    - Typing is equally as cramped as every other iPhone
    - By not going wider then the reading experience (web, iBooks) is still poor
    - Edges of phone are uncomfortable
    - Battery requires turning off services I want to use and still doesnt get me through a full day

11. bigjnyc macrumors 601

bigjnyc

Funny but in 2007 it was a revolutionary OS and there was nothing like it in the mobile market.

12. VivaLaFisica macrumors regular

I take comfort in knowing you've changed your video to "First Impressions"

Good luck.

13. Captainobvvious macrumors 6502

They say its stale because the look of it hasn't changed. If the locked bottom row was on the top and the lock screen was redesigned with a different cool looking unlock method and clock they would think it was revolutionary again.

They want change for change's sake.

The OS works great.

14. tardman91 macrumors 6502a

tardman91

I don't care for how light it is. It feel like one of the cheap dummy phones they used to use in the stores, or like it's missing its battery or something.

15. johnothy macrumors regular

johnothy

The screen is a little awkward to get used to. It seems like it needs a little width increase to it not just height only.

16. TWO2SEVEN macrumors 68040

TWO2SEVEN

I hate that I am having trouble getting work done today because I am playing with my phone. :)

17. TheDLade macrumors member

I think it is a great heir to the the legacy of the iPhone and it's perfect for what it is, an iPhone.

I've never had an iPhone before, always been on android, wanted to take a walk on the wildside.

18. Iphone5preorder macrumors 6502a

The new requirement for a podcast app to listen to podcast. But that ios6 fault.

Maybe the headset jack on the bottom, not sure if I hate it but it may take some time to get used to.

Love pretty much everything else

19. Six8 macrumors 65816

Six8

20. KimMelton661 macrumors 6502

There is nothing I hate about it, except maybe the price I paid. My black came in flawless condition, so I'm happy.

21. zorinlynx macrumors 601

zorinlynx

Whiny OCD people who post threads about every little tiny flaw on their phone.

"OMG a gnat **** on my phone I'm going to post a thread instead of clean it up!"

"OMG you can scratch the phone with a razor blade I'm going to post a thread because it's not diamond-coated"

"OMG I dropped it into a garbage disposal and it didn't survive, thread time baby!!"

"OMG I dropped a call going through a tunnel, THIS CALLS FOR A THREAD, POSTED WHILE DRIVING! WHOOO *squeeeeal* *CRASH*"

It gets old fairly quick. So I posted a thread telling folks I'm happy with my new toy. :) If you are, you should respond in it.

22. psac macrumors 6502a

psac

I really don't like the headphone jack on the bottom. I realized when I commute I hold the bottom of the phone against me, and the plug is really bending when I do that. I have to stop holding it wrong now...

Otherwise, love it. Stupid fast.

23. DollaTwentyFive macrumors 6502a

That's like saying the iPhone 4 was a faster, thinner, better screen iPhone 3GS with a different form factor. Ha ha.

24. lordhamster macrumors 6502

Ok, I'll start. I hate the fact that they used a new connector. Now all the docking stations around the house (not to mention every hotel in America) no longer work.

If they were going to bite the bullet and change the connector, I'd have preferred something compatible with standard USB connectors.

25. applefan022 macrumors 6502

Slow to update apps. lol I know it will take quite sometime.