What are some things you hate about the iPhone 5?

Marli

macrumors regular
Apr 9, 2011
The 1980 OS.. In very much need of an update to bring it into the 2000's.

RobesNo1

macrumors regular
Nov 10, 2009
It's a faster, thinner, lighter iPhone 4s with a bigger screen.

Everyone knows by now what they're getting, anyone who expects anything else is going to be disappointed. Personally I love it!

People who want NFC/wireless charging should go buy an Android, personally I couldn't give a carp about them. :)

jimN

macrumors 6502a
Jun 23, 2005
London
So let me get this straight? You posted a review of a product that you hadn't used and had merely handled in a store?

Life was a good deal simpler when children couldn't broadcast every thought that they ever had. I don't hate anything about the iPhone 5 but I do find it slightly more awkward to use in one hand, largely because it's so thin it seems to lack some stability in your palm.

Otherwise everything about it is an improvement over the 4S, although perhaps not in a meaningful enough way to mean you should upgrade out of contract.

thet3chbr0th3r5

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 10, 2012
So let me get this straight? You posted a review of a product that you hadn't used and had merely handled in a store?

Life was a good deal simpler when children couldn't broadcast every thought that they ever had. I don't hate anything about the iPhone 5 but I do find it slightly more awkward to use in one hand, largely because it's so thin it seems to lack some stability in your palm.

Otherwise everything about it is an improvement over the 4S, although perhaps not in a meaningful enough way to mean you should upgrade out of contract.
I just hate the fact the I have to wait for the apps to be updated for the 4 inch screen

VivaLaFisica

macrumors regular
Sep 17, 2012
:rolleyes:

I use YouTube to go more in detail with things not to make horrible videos in fact YouTube isn't my thing I'm more of a blogger. I really have so many things on my mind about the iPhone 5 and I'm making sure it will be nice phone to have for awhile before I buy it.
Obviously. Have you seen your disliked bar?

What sort of "in detail" are you talking about? I watched the video in you sig.

This is you from 0:00-4:30
I checked in out in black cuz I thought it looked cool
The white looks also nice as well
The full screen looks nice
The camera is freakin awesome
I like the feel of it
I thought passbook was cool
The weather (app) is cool

Your so called "review" is nothing but you subjecting the device to your own opinion and not offering any actual information.

At 4:30 you state "So that's my iPhone 5 review" as if to end the "review".

From 4:30-5:00 you actually mention some details. A6 processor, four inch display, new lighting dock -- all of which things we already know and you never went into detail about anything.

Give up.

appswipe

macrumors 6502
Aug 18, 2012
Theres a lot more that I like than I dislike, but I'll play the game.

- Indoor/Low Light camera quality
- Typing is equally as cramped as every other iPhone
- By not going wider then the reading experience (web, iBooks) is still poor
- Edges of phone are uncomfortable
- Battery requires turning off services I want to use and still doesnt get me through a full day

Captainobvvious

macrumors 6502
Jun 15, 2010
Funny but in 2007 it was a revolutionary OS and there was nothing like it in the mobile market.
They say its stale because the look of it hasn't changed. If the locked bottom row was on the top and the lock screen was redesigned with a different cool looking unlock method and clock they would think it was revolutionary again.

They want change for change's sake.

The OS works great.

tardman91

macrumors 65816
Oct 21, 2009
Tampa Area, FL
I don't care for how light it is. It feel like one of the cheap dummy phones they used to use in the stores, or like it's missing its battery or something.

johnothy

macrumors regular
Mar 10, 2012
Midwest
The screen is a little awkward to get used to. It seems like it needs a little width increase to it not just height only.

TheDLade

macrumors member
Sep 22, 2012
I think it is a great heir to the the legacy of the iPhone and it's perfect for what it is, an iPhone.

I've never had an iPhone before, always been on android, wanted to take a walk on the wildside.

Iphone5preorder

macrumors 6502a
Sep 20, 2012
The new requirement for a podcast app to listen to podcast. But that ios6 fault.

Maybe the headset jack on the bottom, not sure if I hate it but it may take some time to get used to.

Love pretty much everything else

KimMelton661

macrumors 6502
Sep 13, 2012
There is nothing I hate about it, except maybe the price I paid. My black came in flawless condition, so I'm happy.

zorinlynx

macrumors 603
May 31, 2007
Florida, USA
Whiny OCD people who post threads about every little tiny flaw on their phone.

"OMG a gnat **** on my phone I'm going to post a thread instead of clean it up!"

"OMG you can scratch the phone with a razor blade I'm going to post a thread because it's not diamond-coated"

"OMG I dropped it into a garbage disposal and it didn't survive, thread time baby!!"

"OMG I dropped a call going through a tunnel, THIS CALLS FOR A THREAD, POSTED WHILE DRIVING! WHOOO *squeeeeal* *CRASH*"

It gets old fairly quick. So I posted a thread telling folks I'm happy with my new toy. :) If you are, you should respond in it.

psac

macrumors 6502a
Jul 6, 2009
I really don't like the headphone jack on the bottom. I realized when I commute I hold the bottom of the phone against me, and the plug is really bending when I do that. I have to stop holding it wrong now...

Otherwise, love it. Stupid fast.

lordhamster

macrumors 6502a
Jan 23, 2008
Ok, I'll start. I hate the fact that they used a new connector. Now all the docking stations around the house (not to mention every hotel in America) no longer work.

If they were going to bite the bullet and change the connector, I'd have preferred something compatible with standard USB connectors.