What are some things you LOVE about the iPhone 5?

vitaminz

macrumors member
Jan 14, 2010
Cardiff
Pretty much everything!

• The design and 'looks' of the device are spectacular - beautiful in every way
  • Due to it being thinner and lighter, the device feels smaller despite the screen being enlarged
  • While on the subject of the screen, it is amazing - the extra space is really handy, and the quality of the display is fantastic
  • The camera is also superb - rivals my DSLR for quality. Panorama is a great little toy as well.
  • I have encountered no lag at all with the new A6 chip - apps open instantly and everything is just smooth as butter

randy98mtu

macrumors 65816
Mar 4, 2009
Pretty much everything!

• The design and 'looks' of the device are spectacular - beautiful in every way
  • Due to it being thinner and lighter, the device feels smaller despite the screen being enlarged
  • While on the subject of the screen, it is amazing - the extra space is really handy, and the quality of the display is fantastic
  • The camera is also superb - rivals my DSLR for quality. Panorama is a great little toy as well.
  • I have encountered no lag at all with the new A6 chip - apps open instantly and everything is just smooth as butter
Get a new DSLR. ;)

For me it's just the all around speed. Everything is faster compared to my 4. Second would be the LTE. Web pages load almost instantly. I really love this thing.

randy98mtu

macrumors 65816
Mar 4, 2009
:D admittedly I haven't looked at the images from iPhone 5 100%, but it's one of the first phones I've had that produces excellent quality images - better than any point or shoot I've used.
I agree. It's far an away the best camera I've had on a phone. But it doesn't hold a candle to my 5D Mark II. And that thing is a 4 year old design?

Either way, it's awesome having a capable camera in my pocket wherever I go.

WRXiceman

macrumors 6502
May 6, 2012
England, UK
I love the:

Aesthetics
Feel of it
Responsiveness
Raw power
Camera & Video quality
+
The new Earphones sound excellent to me

Marli

macrumors regular
Apr 9, 2011
If the phone camera rivals your DSLR, then what DSLR do you have.. Must have something wrong with it.. Really that is a plain crap comment.. The iPhone sensor /lens can not rival a DSLR for quality

thet3chbr0th3r5

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 10, 2012
I've been loving all the pictures I've been seeing that came from the iPhone 5 that are just so clear like this one I took inside my local 1O1O retailer in Hong Kong (Click on image for FULL RESOLUTION)
IMG_0196.jpg

alphabetagaga

macrumors regular
Mar 28, 2011
Hitchin, UK
not 5 specific (i've not had compatible devices til now), airplay with my zeppelin air is superb :) though not sure how the battery will cope.

Last edited:

HowardSmith

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2012
The VIP feature is nice, at night, while sleeping.

Battery life seems better than ever and I am on full time LTE!

LTE! It now only takes a few seconds to download my animated weather radar map instead of 20+ seconds.

Siri works better, faster. LTE?

Phone seems to operate smoother but the maps SUCK!

ixodes

macrumors 601
Jan 11, 2012
Pacific Coast, USA
I'm really excited that Apples finally delivered iPhone 5, which now allows them to focus on next years model.

If history repeats itself, all that's wrong with iPhone 5 will be resolved so that iPhone 6 should be really great.