What are some unpopular beliefs you hold?

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by BluAffiliate, Dec 25, 2013.

1. samiwas macrumors 68000

Hasn't every dollar that exists been taxed multiple times? When you get your paycheck and are taxed on it, it's from money your employer made and was taxed on. When you take the money from your paycheck and buy a six pack, you pay tax on that with money you were already taxed on. Then when the owner of the beer store goes and puts gas in his car with the money he made from your beer sale, he gets taxed on that.

2. unlinked macrumors 6502a

All children should be raised by the state. Government benefits should be in the form of goods or services not cash. Government housing should be the form of communal living not houses.

3. prostuff1 macrumors 65816

prostuff1

Sure it has, but money that stays within the family and is inherited should not be taxed over and over and over again. Just because my parents/grandparents put it away for there children to have later does not mean the government should take a portion of that.

4. chrono1081 macrumors 604

chrono1081

It is if your'e a gay top ;)

5. P-Worm macrumors 68020

P-Worm

I second the 100% inheritance tax. Also, if you don't believe in taxing inheritance by 100%, you should be banned from using the phrase "pull yourself up by your bootstraps"

P-Worm

6. aerok macrumors 65816

aerok

I wouldn't say 100%, most like 50% on anything worth more than $100,000.

7. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 604

Well there is way more middle and upper class than the rich. And even most of the rich have come from hard work.

8. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

From the perspective of someone who likes vanilla sex isn't BDSM weird with all those ropes and stuff. From the perspective of someone who likes BDSM isn't vanilla sex boring?

And if you are in an open relationship isn't monogamy confining? And if you are in a monogamous relationship isn't an open relationship disloyal?

And cunilinugus is gross as that's where menstral blood comes from. And annulingus is where poo comes from. And fellatio is where wee comes from. So they all seem pretty gross in their own ways.

And sucking nipples is like what you did as a baby so that seems pretty gross too from a certain perspective. And let's not forget that heterosexuals can engage in anal sex as well (or instead of) vaginal sex.

And aren't sex toys clinical and only using fingers boring? And what about using a courgette or a carrot - isn't that weird?

All in all all sex is either weird or boring or both depending on who you are.

And even based on your standards a monogamous gay couple who engage in vanilla anal sex is way more normal than a heterosexual couple that indulges in anilingus and group BDSM sessions with a vegetable.

----------

How do you know? I have never seen a single comment here saying how large an inheritance people have got.

9. Technarchy macrumors 604

Technarchy

Is this a "50 Shades of Grey" synopsis?

10. citizenzen macrumors 65816

I'm curious about your use of the word "any".

Could your statement be rephrased, "No amount of global warming we might be experiencing is caused by man."

If that an accurate rephrasing of your statement? If not, please feel free to correct it.

Thank you.

11. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 604

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/pf_article_110333.html

12. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

How odd that this would be the first thing you put on your list. Freud would be having a field day.

13. Technarchy macrumors 604

Technarchy

Blanket support of Israel is against American interest and detrimental to global trade and effective foreign policy.

14. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 604

I don't think that's an unpopular belief though. :p

15. AustinIllini macrumors demi-goddess

AustinIllini

Agreed on this. If inheritance tax were 100%, people would figure out different ways to move large sums of money to their children. You can't stop it from happening.

----------

It's popular, but unpopular among the powerful.

16. MyMac1976 macrumors 6502

MyMac1976

No I really don't want to shake your hand

No I really don't respect you because you breathe

No those shoes are not cute they're stupid

No I'm not going to agree to disagree, your a lout and we won't speak further

If you are a believer we'll never talk again

No I'm not going to do more for you if you're attractive, and if you try to flirt I'll do nothing.

Because you're old doesn't mean a thing, what have you done for people or your country.

I can't wait until baby boomers are irrelevant, they are the "me" generation.

If you've never built anything you have no opinion about anything.

17. steve knight macrumors 68030

steve knight

Religion does not make you a good or kind to be good or kind you actually have to be that way.
    God does not need you to:
    kill for him
    Die for him
    hate for him
    stand up for him
    justify him
    Do things in his name
    Blame him when it does not go the way you want (God works in mysterious ways)
    Justify doing good or bad to others in his name.
    Taking money from others in his name or ripping them off in his name.
    lying for him or justifying a lie because of what he wants
    Forcing others to do what you want and using god to justify it
    I am sure there are a few dozen others I have missed.
    I doubt he needs you to pray/beg him if he knows what is in your heart dos he need to hear it too?
    Face it praying makes you/ others feel better.
    god does not need your praise.

18. Eraserhead, Dec 26, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2013

Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

a) people might lie.

b) if you inherit $250k and build a $1m business you're a self made millionaire. As you are if you inherit $500k and invest it so it increases to be worth $1 million. As you are if you inherit $100k as a house deposit and thus pay lower mortgage rates enabling you to save more of your income. In all those cases you've been given a big step up by your inheritance.

Well it's an attempt at covering some different kinds of sex. Many of which you might well find gross (or enjoy).

Even if you take it as a synopsis for 50 shades of grey. 50 shades of grey sold millions of copies. The people who read it were hardly grossed out by the copious BDSM within it - and given the rest of the plot is pretty weak chances are they enjoyed the sex.

19. citizenzen, Dec 26, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2013

citizenzen macrumors 65816

Have you ever been out with a friend who said, "Dude. Hottie alert."

And your response was, "Meh."

If you can't even agree with what appeals within the "normal" sexual realm, what makes you think someone could convince you to to see the attraction to that which lies outside it?

20. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 604

By that large of a margin. I don't think so.

And what's wrong with that? Especially since it's your family who afforded you that.

21. copykris Suspended

copykris

there's a lot of people in this thread who are angry that they never inherited much/aren't in line to inherit much it seems

anyway, the guy who's talking about 'the abnormality of ejaculating into a man's anus' seems like he's trying to convince himself of his own heterosexuality more than anything

normal is a man made concept

it doesn't exist

22. samiwas macrumors 68000

Of anything over $5.2 million? How many people are going to be faced with that dilemma? It's not like this is a massive conspiracy to defraud the working man. I think I read that only 0.14% of estates pay the tax. If you are worried about that one, then LUCKY YOU. I would be honored to pay that tax.

And you probably couldn't convince a gay guy that there is anything appealing about licking a vag. Or watching two girls go at it.

Indeed. I've had many guys point out some supposedly hot Asian chick, and I just said "Whatever, not my thing." And some of them have actually gotten angry about it, like "How can you not find Asian women attractive??? Do you even know what you're missing???" Nope. Don't care.

People find different things attractive and appealing, and many others won't understand.

Nothing wrong with it. Just don't say these people did it all by themselves. They didn't. They got massive help. I've seen way too many times someone arguing about how they are self-made millionaires since they self-built a business from the ground up, and thus anyone could do it. Then they admit that they were given massive startup funds from a parent or something.

23. Sydde macrumors 68020

Sydde

There should be no profit in money: financial industries (banks, brokerages, exchanges, insurance companies) need to be run as non-profit co-ops than cannot take in excess of 1% of their revenue stream to cover overhead.

No one should own real property that they do not live or work on (spend at least 25% of their time on).

A private business should exist in a physical location: corporations should be replaced by voluntary, non-profit co-ops comprised of independent local businesses.

24. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 604

I said "most", which is still true. Most started from loans and investors, rather than any inheritance.

25. ravenvii macrumors 604

ravenvii

It's not because they're slowly killing themselves that I hate smokers -- if they want to kill themselves, that's fine by me.

But I hate smokers because of the effect second-hand smoking has on people other than themselves.

Smokers, unless you smoke alone in your own home with the windows closed or some similar environment... **** you.