What are the advantages of jail breaking iPhone 5?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by piatti, Jul 30, 2013.

1. piatti macrumors 6502a

piatti

I guess you can change the font?
    What are the disadvantages?

2. TriJetHero macrumors 601

TriJetHero

Yes you can
    None

Start reading the forum, you find out soon enough what a JB can bring you

3. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

4. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

5. piatti thread starter macrumors 6502a

piatti

So what do you like about your jailbroken iPhone5 ? I noticed that you can make it go faster. Can you also do that to iPhone4 if you jailbreak it?

6. TriJetHero macrumors 601

TriJetHero

What are the advantages of jail breaking iPhone 5?

It's fully customizable, all kinds of addons, tweaks and apps, you can setup your phone the way you like it, not how apple likes it

7. Dalton63841 macrumors 65816

Dalton63841

Jailbreak offers the same benefits for all iPhones, and I love my iPhone 4 jailbroken. Not slow at all.

8. piatti thread starter macrumors 6502a

piatti

Does it become better than android phones? What can a jailbroken iPhone do that android can't?

I read here that you can break your iPhone if you are not careful when jail breaking. Is this true ? http://www.howtojailbreakiphone5s.com/

9. TriJetHero macrumors 601

TriJetHero

Better than android!

It's very hard to break your phone with JBing, basically just as hard as breaking a non-JB phone.

10. piatti thread starter macrumors 6502a

piatti

11. Samanosuke macrumors 6502

Haha, too good!

12. dextr3k macrumors 6502

Well, what are the features about android that you like? This way we can tell you if it can be done, and why it would be better. With no information, this is like me telling you a BMW is better for you than a pickup truck.

Jailbreak allows you to do almost everything an android can do, while using apple's hardware.

13. .Asa macrumors regular

It's a matter of personal preference. Android is an entirely different ecosystem.

14. gngan macrumors 68000

gngan

What's better to you is not better to me. What's better to me is not better to you.

15. piatti thread starter macrumors 6502a

piatti

I don't know. I've never used one before.

16. ideal.dreams macrumors 68020

ideal.dreams

It'd probably take a lot less time to list the disadvantages: there aren't any.

With a jailbreak you can completely customize the look and feel of the software, set up physical button shortcuts, add toggles, tether, etc, etc. The list goes on and on.

17. piatti thread starter macrumors 6502a

piatti

add toggles? Is that different from the basic toggling of double clicking the home button?

18. TriJetHero macrumors 601

TriJetHero

You could actual start reading the posts in this forum it will give you all the information you need, have fun!

19. sand_man macrumors 6502a

sand_man

The advantages are numerous!!

For just about every nuance you might encounter with iOS, a remedy is available via JB and Cydia.

The lack of homescreen toggles is a major bugbear for many. NCsettings is a stylish and efficient solution.

The inability to customize icons or change the overall look of the UI is something a lot of people consider contributes to the staleness they associate with iOS. Custom themeing remedies this.

Some folk hanker for widgets. iWidgets is another app that brings widgets to the homescreen.

Springtomize is a clever lightweight tweak where so many aspects of the UI can be altered and/or manipulated like the size of the icons, the color of the labels, the visibility of the labels, the number of icons displayed on the dock etc etc etc

Accelerator is an app that speeds up the rate at which all those pretty animations happen. By doing so it gives the impression of an overclocked device running way faster than stock. It's very clever and very effective without actually placing any burden on resources.

Bytafont for changing those all important fonts and don't joke, people go batty over fonts, present company included.

These are just a few examples of the jailbreak goodness available out there.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. All Apple needed to do for iOS 7 is endorse jailbreaking and the jailbreak community. The value it brings to their products far out weighs the negatives.

20. Arnezie macrumors 65816

Arnezie

By jailbreaking mine I can turn it into a ****ing spaceship and fly around the earth. It's great

21. lukejc1 macrumors 6502

Do a google search for "Best Cydia Tweaks" and you'll get a ton of lists with some of the most popular tweaks. That should give you all the answers you need as to why you should jailbreak.

22. BumpyFlatline macrumors 68030

BumpyFlatline

This will get you started...

http://youtu.be/fZoqW-GEdQM