What are the benefits in owning both a mac AND PC laptop? Anyone here who does?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Misskitty, Oct 26, 2014.

1. Misskitty macrumors 6502

I got the SP3 and love it, I really do think its a keeper. My initial plan was to keep it if I liked it and sell my 2011 13" MBP. Also, I would sell my ipad air and use the SP3 in place of it, and the SP3 would be my evertying device - tablet and home computing away and at the desk.

So I put up a for sale ad on my Mac last night for $700, got a couple replies (but nothing serious).

But later today, I cant quite put my finger on it, but I feel I might get buyers remorse if I sell the Mac. Like I said, I love a lot of things about it but I also hate some things about it. I dont like the keyboard on it (I get finger strain cause of the overly mushy and lack of feedback keys) and the display is pretty hard to go back to it after using a SP3. So if I kept it, it would be used as a desktop only and sits on my desk connected to two monitors and an Apple bluetooth keyboard. Over the past year, its pretty much one this - sat on my desk the whole time connected to two monitors and a keyboard. I used it anywhere from 0-2 hours a week, if that.

Only thing is its redundant to me and $700 of money sitting around where id rather have that in my pocket to pay bills. I really dont like having extra gadgets sitting around the house unused if I wont use it much. But I cant shake the feeling that I might have remorse if i sell it. The thing is a horse. 8GB ram, SSD, core i5 and handled everything I threw at it.

2. MacInTO macrumors 65816

MacInTO

In my experience, none.

I use my Mac all the time. The only reason I have a PC is to run the diagnostics software for my car.

3. Gav Mack macrumors 68020

Gav Mack

I have my primary MBP with OS X and 7x64 and it fills the best of both worlds, plus 8 other PC's all running Windows 7 including my Mac Pro 3,1 and a couple of Windows servers.

Surface Pro 3's are ok but it's still 8.1 and I am not a fan of it still. I've got Windows 10 TP on a Dell Haswell i7 laptop with touch screen and so far it's looking pretty good.

I would keep the Mac cos the Surface novelty wears off to many users after 3/6 months. I have yet to see a loyal Surface user upgrading every year and I know quite a few...