What are the best headphones for rap, hiphop, r&b and techno?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by yosion, Aug 31, 2011.

1. yosion macrumors newbie

yosion

What are the best headphones for rap, hiphop, r&b and techno?

1.[​IMG]
    2.[​IMG]

2. Sup3rknova macrumors regular

Sup3rknova

dont worry. someone will come in this thread and slam beats headphones. go check out some store demos and see what sounds best for YOU! everyone is different. some hate beats, some don't. I like em. My brother has them and when I have tried em, the sound is great and crystal clear. I used to DJ back in the day and I always went to stores and checked out different models. others try to get all technical about headphones. Just try and buy what you like. good luck. :D:apple:

3. Xeperu, Sep 1, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2011

Xeperu macrumors 6502

It's all about budget.

Skullcandy is pretty **** over the entire line. It's more the cool-kid brand appeal than the quality of the sound.

Beats by Dre are pretty much in the mediocre/good range. Nothign great, nothing bad.

Personally I use GRADO PS1000 headphones, but the $2000 price tag might put you off.

Try the new Sennheiser HD800's. Damn fine sound, deep and true. I tried a pair last week and I fell in love. Not as good as the Grado, but damn good anyway.

Pretty much the entire Audio-Technica line up is great as well.

4. Young Spade macrumors 68020

It isn't personal preference as to why people bash, it's because they are overpriced and not worth the money.

It's different if I were to say, I don't like Sennheiser for the laid back sound signature (rolled off highs) [Open models, mind you] or K702s because of the perceived lack of weight (which is remedied by a proper amp), but to say Bose, Beats, and other store brands suck is a different thing. And one that's somewhat true.

I'm not ttrying to start a debate here, but you aren't going to find ANYTHING worth buying inside a brick and mortar store. Period. Unless it's somewhat high end (AT M50s are great at ~100) e.g., over 200.