What are the best iPhone3G Earphones on the market?!

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by LotuSviLLe, Mar 2, 2009.

1. LotuSviLLe macrumors member

I'm looking for a list of Top 3 Earphones that I should purchase for my iPhone 3G. The mic/media control button broke on the set that came with my iPhone. Price doesn't matter! Looking for good sound and an in-line mic/media control like the original set has. Please share your opinions with me!

Thank you so much!

2. map1978 macrumors 68020

map1978

$419? You have got to be kidding me? They are worth more than the phone itself. Crazy. I used to love my v-moda vibe duos but the left channel blew out and have to send them in for a replacement. I've read MANY people have had this problem. I decided I couldn't wait to get them back, so I ordered these http://www.amazon.com/NuForce-NE-7M...atible/dp/B001BL8BO4/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top last night and got them 2nd day delivery for $54 total (shipping included).

I've heard nothing but good things about them so I will post back when I get them hopefully tomorrow or the next day.

Hope this helps.

3. Four20 macrumors 6502a

Four20

4. LotuSviLLe thread starter macrumors member

Alrighty then, didn't thinkg $400 dollar earphones did in fact exist! lol! Maybe price is a factor now! Could I get suggestions for some that are less than $150? Thanks again!

5. Zyniker macrumors 6502

The answer to any "best headphones" question...is. Sennheiser

6. LotuSviLLe thread starter macrumors member

Ya the Sennheiser ones in the Apple Store seem quite nice. I shall read some more reviews on them now.

7. map1978 macrumors 68020

map1978

Did you not see the link in my post? They were $54 shipped. They have a mic as well. They have had great customer review ratings. I see no reason why you would buy $100 headsets when you can get better for half the price.

8. lorenwade macrumors 68000

lorenwade

I think it's funny you laugh a a $400 prics tag and tell about how much you loved your v Modas that broke!

Not trying to pick a fight here man, but that suggestion was one of the most logical responses the thread starter should have recieved.

He asked for a good quality replacement with mic and price didn't matter (he has since stated the price is a factor). Ultimate Ears make the some of the best in-ears in the world and will last you years. Don't be too quick to put them down. Yes , they're expensive, but they are some of the best. And in my humble opinion, if you have the money, are well worth the price tag.

Either way, to the thread starter, I have yet to find a great replacement for the iPhone headset for an affordable price, short of repurchasing them.

9. map1978 macrumors 68020

map1978

Well your trying to do something by calling me out like that. Yes I did love the v-moda but one channel blew out. Doesn't mean I didn't enjoy them. Doesn't mean there not replacing them with no questions asked.

Unless the OP is a sound engineer and has super ears than no $400 pair of headphones is worth it. Even if money isn't an issue. Sorry, but I'm entitled to my opinion.

I received my NuForce headphones today and I am totally impressed with the sound quality. I changed the stock buds to the foam forming buds and they make the headphones even better. Used them at the gym today and didn't hear anyone around me. I also noticed that backgrounds and outros where easy to hear and was shocked with the sound. I have my EQ set at "small speakers", I recommend this EQ setting to all. The V-Moda headphones do have more bass to them but I think I'm gonna use these NuForce headsets for awhile. The mic works great and calls sounded clear on them.

They are $50 over at Amazon.

10. MovieCutter macrumors 68040

MovieCutter

I use and prefer these: Shure SE500, $500

But for under $150, the new Apple in-ear headphones are actually REALLY good.

11. 10dulkar macrumors member

i would like to jump in too...i am looking for something around the $100 range... are the new apple in-ears good? i am reading some very conflicting opinions...am very confused...

12. army91c macrumors 6502a

I hate when people ask these type of questions because there is only one answer: Which set of earphones is best for YOU. (Yes I know you asked for opinions) What do you like? In or out of ear, noise canceling or regular, $ or $$$...... It's a personal choice. Ask 100 people and you'll prob get 80 different answers.

Break it down, pick a few in the type you prefer (i.e. inside ear, outside ear....) then research each one and make a choice. If you do it that way you have no one to blame except yourself if you don't like the choice. Good luck!

13. E3BK macrumors 68020

E3BK

I was thinking about these. I know there is a mic but couldn't figure out if there is music control also. Can you pause/skip songs with these?

14. map1978 macrumors 68020

map1978

Yes you can ONE click pause/play, you can DOUBLE click skip/shuffle, and you can TRIPLE click start song over/go back.

They have been awesome this whole week. Love them. Hopefully v-moda sends me back a new pair so I can sell them because I jumped shipped lol.

15. pilotkid macrumors 6502a

I really am happy with my In-Ear's (Apples new in-ear earphones)....I'm not saying they are the BEST, but I really like them.

16. Mr. Biggles macrumors 6502

Westone IEM rate up there with the best. The latest Westone 3 is getting rave reviews and the UM2's and UM1's are no slouch.

I have the UM2's and am quite happy. The Westones have one thing going for them over a lot of others, the comfort factor...you can wear them for hours without fatigue.