What are the chances for the matte to return to the 1440x900 MBP 15"?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by darkus, May 16, 2010.

1. darkus macrumors regular

Hi all, without this thread turning ugly, im curious what people think the chances of a matte option returning to the 1440x900 15" MBP?

Thanks!

2. crobbins macrumors 6502

To me, it does not seem likely that it will change. If enough people send feedback, maybe..MAYBE..months from now it will, but I would not expect it. It does not seem likely to me.

3. Coswyn macrumors member

Coswyn

1440x900 on a 15" is abysmal in my opinion, but I understand high-resolution doesn't work for everyone. That's a residual preference that Apple, if it wants to retain its exponential success, will offer as an option. They do well to only offer a small number of models, but they could complete the puzzle by offering more customization options (various resolutions and finishes on the screens should exist across the board).

4. wandrer2 macrumors member

Slim. There's every chance that the next update will move to 16:9 screens. I am really happy they didn't do that for this update.

Oh, and hi-res antiglare works just fine for me!

5. darkus thread starter macrumors regular

That is my very fear, that they will move to 16:9 screen, which I think are terrible unless your main use for the computer is to watch movies or play games.

So Im wishfully hoping they will produce the matte version of this screen once again before they move to 16:9. :apple: :D