What are the chances locations will be added to Siri in the UK with IOS 5.1?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by The Game 161, Feb 10, 2012.

1. The Game 161 macrumors G5

The Game 161

Will siri be updated for those in the UK with the new IOS 5.1 update for locations, maps e.t.c? any chance you see this happening?

2. 3bs macrumors 603

3bs

My opinion, sure it's possible. The UK is usually one of the countries to get stuff first after the US so if anyone's going to get it then it'll be you

3. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

Its pie in the sky at the moment !

Theres a few threads on here regarding peoples wants and needs from the next update.

Hopefully interesting times ahead.

4. TwoBytes macrumors 68020

TwoBytes

It says beta at the moment so it HAS to come out of beta sometime for the UK.. It has to happen at some point!

Apple are getting stick for adverting siri features that aren't available in the UK so now is a good time as any for it.

5. KeithJenner macrumors 6502a

I am probably wrong, but I don't see why this would require a iOS update to do.

That isn't to say that it isn't possible that it would be announced today, but I don't think it will need 5.1

6. TwoBytes macrumors 68020

TwoBytes

Think you're right.

The timing of a new announcement would suggest a good time to boost their popularity and stock for the 4S users...unless Apple release it with the IP5 or io6 and selling it as a 'feature' which you could see them doing based on their history....

7. The Game 161 thread starter macrumors G5

The Game 161

Indeed it is annoying as hell...

8. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

If siri is to be a feature of the ipad3, then I think they will have to release a comprehensive DB for it. It will probably be announced in the keynote and be added via IOS update shortly.

9. The Game 161 thread starter macrumors G5

The Game 161

Well it would seem to be odd adding siri on the iphone 4s and not on the new ipad if siri is something which can be huge for apple going forward.

10. atrevers macrumors regular

atrevers

I can't see them doing that - they're not going to make different levels of functionality available on different devices in different geographical areas. Once location services are available in Siri in the UK, it'll be available on everything that supports Siri. If not, I'll eat my pants (UK English)...

11. garybUK Guest

garybUK

Do you think it has anything to do with Apple trying to distance themselves from Google? look at the mapping in iPhoto for iOS, no more google!!

12. Camerondonal macrumors newbie

What's the connection with Google?