what are the chances of a new Macbook Pro with touchscreen?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by SarahKirschbaum, Jun 30, 2016.

1. SarahKirschbaum macrumors regular

I love my aging Macbook Pro. However, I bought a "cheap" $700 Lenovo Windows 10 laptop(that can also convert to tablet) a few months ago. I needed it to work in Windows 10. I especially love the touchscreen which allows me to zoom in and out of graphics, photos and map... or to move things around much faster than a touchpad or mouse... it is extremely useful.

When I go back to using my Macbook Pro, I find myself poking at the screen, only to remember that it's not touchscreen. :( :D

what are the chances of a new Macbook Pro with touchscreen?

2. kevinkyoo macrumors 6502a

kevinkyoo

No chance. There would've been some rumblings by now. There's also no indications whatsoever for touch screen support in the upcoming OS X. Perhaps in either next year's or the year after that? But right now, there's no hardware or software to suggest that.

3. Queen6, Jun 30, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2016

Queen6 macrumors 603

Queen6

Here & Chances with Apple`s current management is near zero. Today Apple only serves Apple. Only way to change this trend is vote with your $$$$. My logic is simple, if Apple does not produce the hardware & software that meets my need, I look elsewhere, as there is no shortage of well designed premium hardware & software solutions available, albeit on other platforms.

Latest system I purchased is Windows 10, based on the reasons stated above. Personally I find as time passes that Apple is simply becoming far less relevant in the PC space...

Q-6