What are the chances of damaging the MBP's keyboard during gaming?

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by ViolentHero, Apr 19, 2012.

1. ViolentHero macrumors member

My mother who bought me my MBP back in 2009 fears that if I were to play games on it, I could damage the keys of the keyboard during gameplay. Solution? I hook up a USB keyboard to prevent damage but this computer is a notebook, designed for work and play on-the-go. Do I necessarily have to carry a USB keyboard with me 24/7? Even during non-gaming activities the keys could get damaged.

What are the chances of the keys stop working due to such activities?

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

The same as the chances it'll stop working from normal typing.

3. ViolentHero thread starter macrumors member

Good point. I got an idea, if the worse does happen, I'll tell her it's from typing and... I have not played games much but the truth is, I do. I plan to build a PC soon. I don't think she would know until I give it to her. She plays games too on her MacBook (2007 model I think which used to belong to my brother) but mostly casual like Bejeweled.

4. doh123 macrumors 65816

maybe she's worried because she's seen you pounding on the keyboard extremely hard when your really into the game... try to not be so rough with it and it will be fine... If your smacking the keyboard roughly while gaming, you can break more than just the keyboard.

5. MurderousMoppet macrumors newbie

my MBP has cracks in the wasd keys. That can't be coincidence. :p

I personally dont think i am being too rough with it, but I'm not one to treat my laptop like its a baby.

6. VI™ macrumors 6502a

Unless you're a rage gamer this shouldn't be an issue.

It sounds like either your mother doesn't know anything about computers or she knows a bit too much about you.

7. darkplanets macrumors 6502a

His username may also be indicative.

8. Sackvillenb macrumors 6502a

Sackvillenb

yeah... unless you are banging hard on the keys all the time, this will not be a problem.