what are the chances of getting a 3.1.2 3gs within nyc

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by gongtowjai, Apr 24, 2010.

1. gongtowjai macrumors newbie

what are the chances of getting a 3.1.2 (3Gs) within nyc?? I know the chances for 16gb are very slim but I don't mind getting a 32gb, color doesn't matter. My current contract is up within these 2 days. I will travel to Asia next month and would like to use it there. If not, i'lll take my BB with me, since its unlock. PM me any stores that might have it. Any suggestions?? Thanks for the help...:D

2. labman macrumors 604

labman

Quick Answer

Nobody really knows I'll say 1 in a 1000 my guess. you have better odds with a refurb.

3. bytethese macrumors 68030

bytethese

Craig's List?

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Slim but if you get any employees willing to help you out and dig thru the serial numbers you might be able to get one.

5. gongtowjai thread starter macrumors newbie

I called a few places, one guy told me, yeah, I think we do have a few before Feb but, I can't go & look...I guess I have to show up and say if you want my business (me & 2 lines), maybe it will be an incentive to look..:D No craiglist or ebay (prices too high).

6. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Yes, I heard some guy that went to a bunch of different places and had the workers shift thru a bunch of boxes diggin for serial numbers.
    Best chances he got was on 32GB white iphones and he got one with the old bootrom also :)

7. Bdubb macrumors regular

Bdubb

haha Unless you are talking about someone else AJuiced! ....I would say you are misinforming the dude a little. For one I don't live in NYC, far from it.

I live in Small town Southern Ontario, probably the 1/30th of NYC's population and my Best chance was a BLACK that's right a BLACK!! 32gb 3Gs, and I went ahead and purchased it, couldn't be more happier with...(My hard work of going to store to store and...) my purchase! :cool:

Apologies in advanced if you were referring to someone else but not me. :p

To the OP: don't give up on your hunt, you are right Craig'slist can be a rip off, go store to store, the more "rural" or suburbs the location of the stores, the better.

8. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Lol:)
    That's the dude I was thinking.
    You didn't pull it in NYC but still possible.

9. Bdubb macrumors regular

Bdubb

if it's any consolation: I found 3 white 32gb 3Gs before I found my black one... so these phones ARE out there if you look for them, the only reason I hesitated to buy the White over Black is the re-sale value. Otherwise it's still an amazing 3Gs with way too much room for my mediocre media and app collection. :p

10. chikkimok macrumors newbie

i just got mine a few weeks ago. 16 gb white 3gs. now that i have read ur post here, i am scared that he got me a refubed one. i bought it for 690!!! and i have a big problem now. last wednesday, the iphone turned off by itself. needless to say, it was locked again. then i got it unlocked. and this saturday, it turned off by itself again with more then 50% battery. so this sucks. really!! and he said he's gonna charge me the 3rd time.

HELP!

11. chikkimok macrumors newbie

12. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Post a new thread:
    [​IMG]

13. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Next to nothing, unless you buy a used one.

14. gongtowjai thread starter macrumors newbie

LOL....I'm rolling here...its funny to see a newbie hijack my thread...:p

jav6454: you never know...maybe i get lucky...:p like I've said before, its no biggie if I don't find one...My BB is unlock & I can carry it to Asia :D

15. Alvi macrumors 65816

Alvi

None if you're talking about a new one, especially because they proly set a lot in NYC