What are the chances of new MacBook Pro design in June...?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Turnpike, May 19, 2016.

1. Turnpike macrumors 6502

Turnpike

I keep reading that there may be "new" Macbook Pro stuff announced at the June conference, what are the chances that the upgrade will be more than internals? Is there any chance they might have a slimmer laptop, or is that going to be a ways down the road...? Anyone have an educated guess?

2. Schranke macrumors 6502

Schranke

There is a lot of guesses, how educated they are is debatable.
    Personally I do not hope they will make it thinner if they don't make an improvement in cooling.
    I do however hope for update ports, and hardware

3. Samuelsan2001 macrumors 603

I don't think they'll be announced at wwdc but i do expect to see updated rMBP's within the next 6-8 weeks.

What those updates will be is anybody's guess apart from skylake CPUs.

I think they'll be pretty much the same but with USB C style thunderbolt 3 ports HDMI 2.0 and probably a Polaris AMD dGPU in the top end 15 inch. But I know as much as anyone else, absolutely nothing. Is this an educated guess?? No it's a guess the same as everyone on here.

4. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Nope, I think its something that we'll have to wait to see, but WWDC is coming up quickly, so we'll know soon enough

5. WeemanWise macrumors 6502

WeemanWise

They will take a page out of the iPhone SE's book and create the MBP SE. It will finally be an update to the pre-retina case design. Complete with 480p facetime camera, 1TB HDD, and a new Blu-ray capable superdrive! Still no skylake processor though. The chips used will the same as in the current rMBPs.

Because "Old" is the new "New"