iPad What are the chances they will //mindblown everyone by introducing the iPad Pro 12.9?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Appl3FTW, Aug 29, 2014.

1. Appl3FTW macrumors 603

Appl3FTW

2. Rodster macrumors 68040

3. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

4. Shanghaichica macrumors 603

Shanghaichica

Even if the larger iPad comes out this year I highly doubt it will be announced in September.

5. Mechayoshi macrumors regular

Mechayoshi

What are the chances they will //mindblown everyone by introducing the iPad P...

Well since we've been hearing rumors about this for a while, it wouldnt really be mindblowing.

6. sracer macrumors 603

sracer

39% chance of an iPad "Pro" being announced in Sept. "Pro" consisting of one or more of the following:
    - active digitizer
    - larger screen
    - 2nd lightning connector for optional keyboard cover.
    - support for wireless docking station

7. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Why would the keyboard have a lightning connector when the docking station would.be wireless? ???

I really doubt the September event would include any iPad, pro or otherwise.

8. SurfaceAndIPad macrumors newbie

Since when is a bigger screen considered a mindblowing achievement?

9. arefbe macrumors regular

arefbe

10. ozaz macrumors 65816

0% chance of my mind being blown by a larger sceen

11. ron7624 Contributor

ron7624

12. al1cre macrumors member

Another screen size? I couldn't care less. I wouldn't care if it was half as thin and half as heavy either. It wouldn't let me do more with the device.

I doubt I'll get excited by the next upgrade of iOS either. Every upgrade has been a disappointment to me. Perhaps I just expect more from Apple than what they've delivered year after year.

I like my iPad and use it daily, but it gets confining sometimes. I know Apple won't change the things I don't like, so I use it for the things that it does well. None of those things are affected by screen size.

13. 12vElectronics macrumors 68040

12vElectronics

Doubt it, and don't even care. I'm running a first gen iPad mini and don't feel the need to upgrade!

14. juanrp macrumors 6502a

juanrp

The iPad/Mac/everything else event is in October anyway so I'm not expecting anything in September.

15. sonicrobby macrumors 68020

sonicrobby

I don't think we will see it this year. I also don't think our minds would be blow with just a 12" iPad, it has to bring something more. Much improved hardware or OSX capable would surprise me. But the current iOS on a larger screen, won't really be much of a wow factor on its own.

16. JohnGrey macrumors 6502

JohnGrey

I'm a firm believer that a 5-inch+ iPhone will be released eventually, but I seriously doubt that any iPad pro will be released at any point in the near future. It's just too small a niche for Apple to try and fill.

17. ipos macrumors 6502a

If its announce in October, when can we expect the new iPad air to launch

18. sracer macrumors 603

sracer

docking station = static, office, doesn't move.
    keyboard w/lightning connector = mobile. I'm thinking lightning connector for better battery life (over a BT connection) (with additional secure connectors to "lock") to the iPad in a secure way (similar to Asus T100A).

I'm standing by my 39% chance. :p

19. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Keyboards already attach by magnets. Don't need another connection just to attach the keyboard, especially if the keyboard has Bluetooth. Better battery life? iPads already have excellent battery life, don't see any need to increase complexity by adding another connection port for this purpose.

And now that the "iWatch" is rumored to be introduced on 9/9, I'm seeing even less of a possibility that any iPads would be included in that event.

20. chupachup macrumors 6502

Apple will never release a 13" iPad.

It will never happen.

21. spinedoc77 macrumors G3

spinedoc77

12.9" iPhone, lol I don't think anyones mind will be blown.

22. baypharm macrumors 65816

baypharm

Mindblown? That's a stretch. It will mind blow me if the new version does substantially more in terms of getting business/commerce accomplished in less time with greater emphasis on raw power. Right now we have deployed iPad Airs into surgery, pediatrics, and pharmacies in hospitals and while they function adequately, there is a need for a tablet device that is considerably more powerful. I don't see Apple making the iPad Pro that model. Perhaps in time they will.

23. Bobby Corwen macrumors 68030

are you sure?

24. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

I know something else will blow for sure... ;)

Mmmmmm...

25. iSage macrumors newbie

Most likely any new iPad announcements will be in october.

I really believe a 12" iPad could be on the on way. First of all the A7 is already a mighty little 64bit power house in it's own right, so I can imagine the A8 blurring the lines between laptop and tablet power. With the larger canvas developers can make iOS apps feel much more like Mac apps. With the new features of iOS 8 and multi tasking it will feel a lot more PC like. I would expect to see a lot of people buying iPad Pro over MacBook Air.