What are these Legal/Trade markings on the back of this iPhone?

Vulcan4770

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 8, 2010
I might buy this iPhone from someone and I have never seen one with a back piece with that information on one. At first I thought maybe it was replaced with a 3rd party one but I checked online and couldn't find one that matched it. And iPhones sold in US have trade markings for canada as well so I dont know if it was made in another country or not. Anyone know what it is?

Attachments

batting1000

macrumors 604
Sep 4, 2011
Florida
The design(s) at the bottom don't look legit. I would either not buy it at all (my suggestion) or look into it more (I don't recommend bothering). Apple never has that on their iPhones.

alphaod

macrumors Core
Feb 9, 2008
NYC
Ask for a closer picture. I doubt anyone can read what it says at this point.

lordofthereef

macrumors G5
Nov 29, 2011
Boston, MA
Pop it into iTunes and see if it recognizes it and allows a resotre. As far as I know there are no knockoffs that will actually recognize iTunes and allows a full iOS restore. If the seller says "no", just walk.

yrchern

macrumors member
Jun 14, 2007
That's equivalent to the US FCC id for the phones sold in Japan. If you have an iPhone, you can go to Settings -> General -> About -> Regulatory to have a closer look.

But in my knowledge, the iPhone 3Gs sold in Japan are locked to Softbank.

Attachments

Mars478

macrumors 6502a
Mar 6, 2008
NYC, NY
Those are international regulatory markings. Most likely not a fake, and if it is, it is a very good fake.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.