What are you going to buy with the gift card from trading in your old Apple Watch?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by MisterAndrew, Oct 6, 2018.

1. MisterAndrew macrumors 65816

MisterAndrew

A few new bands? Another Apple Watch? Put it towards an iPhone? Give it away as a gift? :)

2. ApplePersonFreak macrumors 6502a

A lot of us are not getting gift cards. Just like with mine, I’m getting a refund back to my credit card. There are two ways to do it.

3. deeddawg macrumors 604

Same here.

4. MisterAndrew thread starter macrumors 65816

MisterAndrew

That’s what I thought too, but I received a gift card.

5. Waterman316 macrumors 6502

Just bought my s4 Thursday, so waiting on the trade in box to send my series 2 in. Getting a gift card. Either going to try to sell it to a friend for the value, or probably use it towards a new iPad for my daughter for Christmas. Unless of course I sell the watch before the box comes which I doubt will happen.

6. deeddawg macrumors 604

That'd be disappointing since it very specifically references refunding to my CC.

*shrug* Worst case I convert the funds to itunes/app-store funds on my AppleID. Already have AC+ and a couple other thing drawing from that monthly. It isn't like the AW4 is likely to be my last purchase from Apple. LOL

7. sbuntin macrumors regular

sbuntin

I decided after I ordered the S4 to trade in my older watch. The return box indicated I'd get a gift card. I tossed the return box and went in to the local Apple store. They were able to process a trade-in and kick it back to the card I'd used to buy the S4.

8. deeddawg macrumors 604

@sbuntin thanks for reporting that, I'll take that avenue if needed.

9. naturalstar macrumors 6502a

naturalstar

I put it towards the SS Series 4 I bought in store. They put it on a gift card first then applied the $250 to the purchase.

10. jwlbel macrumors regular

Question for the people that got a credit back to their credit cards vs. getting a gift card. Did you already buy a new S4 watch? I wanted to trade in my S3 back to Apple and get a credit on my credit card and then buy my S4 at B&H, so I would not have to pay sales tax. When I went into the Apple Store the person helping me said I could pick but then when she had me enter all my info, it would only give her the option to give me a gift card. I am assuming it is because I had not bought an S4 yet.

11. thebrick macrumors regular

thebrick

Getting a refund back to your payment credit card is only available when you purchase it on apple online. And also if your refund amount is greater than your purchase amount, the remaining balance will be issued as a Apple Gift Card as well.

12. Bazooka-joe macrumors 68020

Bazooka-joe

I opted for a gift card to put towards the new iPad when it comes out

13. terps2005 macrumors member

Dang they wouldn’t let me do that on launch day. Oh well got a leather case for my max and still have $160 or so to play with.

14. naturalstar macrumors 6502a

naturalstar

It could be because I didn’t go on launch day which I’m sure was very busy. I went this past Thursday to return a GSS S4 and get the SS instead. I brought my S3 SS for the trade-in as well.

They processed the return first, then the trade-in for the $250 credit to the gift card. When I made the new purchase, the gift card was applied. The Apple rep had some time and was using me to make it to his break, lol

15. Jason Hensley macrumors 6502a

Jason Hensley

I'm getting the gift card, and I am HOPEFULLY putting it towards the PowerMat / wireless charging AirPods sometime later this month. If they aren't released, then I might just hang onto it for a while until next spring.

16. TheColtr macrumors 6502

That’s exactly what I did too. I already knew I was going to buy a new iPad and maybe Mac mini when they launch, so getting a gift card wasn’t a big deal to me since they money would go that way anyways.

17. dthiss01 macrumors newbie

dthiss01

They wanted to give me a gift card, but i said hells no. So they gave me a gift card then returned the gift card back to my Amex.

18. tromboneaholic Suspended

tromboneaholic

I’m getting 3 refund credits for the 3 trade ins to buy 3 series 4.

19. MisterAndrew thread starter macrumors 65816

MisterAndrew

I'm putting it towards a watch for my mom for Christmas. It will be her first Apple watch.