What are you waiting for?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by GoldMan, May 11, 2012.

1. GoldMan macrumors member

GoldMan

The WWDC is near, within a month apple will release new amazing products. My self, i am waiting for the iPhone 5 with a bigger screen that i have missed the last 2 years

What about you guys?

2. Dr McKay macrumors 68040

Dr McKay

It would take a bigger screen, iOS 6 redesign and Facebook integration to keep me. Currently I have plans to switch to the Lumia 900.

3. itsmemuffins, May 11, 2012
    Last edited: May 11, 2012

itsmemuffins macrumors 68030

itsmemuffins

There will be no new iPhone shown at the WWDC.

For that to have happened, Apple would have already released iOS 6 developer preview.

4. ChrisTX macrumors 68030

ChrisTX

Really surprising to hear that Facebook integration is a selling point to some people.

5. sviato macrumors 68020

sviato

Is it that difficult to believe that people want easier and more efficient access to the biggest social network in the world?

6. firemedicmark macrumors 6502

crap, i was hoping the would as i still have the iP4

7. ChrisTX macrumors 68030

ChrisTX

I'm not hating the idea in general. I've just never had a problem with the Facebook app in iOS. Things like screen size, and resolution, camera quality, and processor, etc...are what will intice me with the new iPhone. That and overall usability. I'd love to see better multitasking like in webOS but what we've got is better than no multitasking at all.

8. Grayburn, May 11, 2012
    Last edited: May 11, 2012

Grayburn macrumors 68000

Grayburn

I've was given the Lumia 800 ( i know it's the not the 900 but...) in December via Nokia's the Amazing Collective scheme and i really dont rate the OS, cant stand it to be honest. Nice hardware but thats it for me, what do you like about it?

Looking forward to whats announced at WWDC.

9. Shadowbech macrumors 68040

I highly doubt Apple will announce the next generation iPhone at the WWDC 2012. Who knows but we'll have to find out.

10. Kenjhee macrumors regular

I am waiting for an iPhone with a battery standby time that is larger than its model number.

11. shinobi-81 macrumors 6502

In days or in hours?

12. onthecouchagain macrumors 604

onthecouchagain

13. Dr McKay macrumors 68040

Dr McKay

Mainly it's the larger screen, I also think the hardware on the 900 is beautiful, also I've grown bored with seeing a static row grid of icons, I've been on iPhone since the very first 2G. I'd like to try something new.

14. Todisco macrumors newbie

Todisco

If I was a betting man, I see Apple announcing the release of Mountain Lion and upgrading the iMacs. I would not expect much more. :rolleyes:

15. ah123 macrumors regular

My 4S battery lasts for 4S hours (where S = 6).

16. Syk macrumors 6502a

If iOS6 isn't redesigned but is featured packed with new stuff and the screen goes bigger(4"+, not just 4" tall) I'll stick around.

17. Kyotoma macrumors 68000

Kyotoma

Contrary to everyone else's line of thinking here so far, it would take of lot for me to switch from the iPhone. Android would have to offer so much more than it does right now for it to be even a possibility. Same goes for Windows Phone. I am so integrated into everything iOS that it would be very unwise of me to stray from it. The thousands of dollars invested in apps, music, videos and the like would all be for naught if I picked up and left now.

18. Grayburn macrumors 68000

Grayburn

Those 2 things are what is nice about it but the OS i just cant get on with.

Fully understand with being bored of the same rows of icons.

Hope you enjoy it.

19. Dr McKay macrumors 68040

Dr McKay

I'll try to enjoy it, but the 4S will be in the cupboard on standby just in case :D

20. sarcosis macrumors 6502a

I don't think iOS6 is going to change the screen size. If it could, i'd be like wow, software somehow made the hardware larger :p! All jokes aside, Software wise from iOS6, i'd like Apple to do the following things
    • iOS Maps Update w/ Navigation that has turn by turn. Kind of like Google Navigation on Android
    • Quick Toggles for WiFI, Bluetooth, Airplane Mode, and 4g
    • Live Tiles (I know, it's not likely, but would love to see it.
    • More useful spotlight when not using spotlight. As much as i like a giant blank screen waiting for you to search, it can be used for so much more.
    • Siri API to Developers
    • A way to cancel pending apps that get stuck in that waiting mode!

21. Syk macrumors 6502a

I would like those changes also. Would also like the ability to turn off those red up badges when you have an update. Move them to the notification center or something and let you have the ability to delete them.

Also would like the ability to set when my mail is pushed. It would be nice not to hear a ding or vibrating on my desk late at night from an email. Wouldn't mind being able to turn off txt tones/vibrate at a certain time of day/nite

Even if the iPhone doesn't get a UI over haul for iOS6 they sure could do something a little better with all that space on my iPad2

22. Prof. macrumors 601

Prof.

Not gonna lie, I thought the Lumia 900 was a gorgeous phone until I got to play with my coworkers phone. The back is made from cheap plastic and gets dirty easily. My coworker has the blue one and it's no longer that beautiful powder blue. Instead, it's a grimy powder blue. :(

23. Wrathwitch macrumors 65816

What I am hoping/waiting for?

1) Bigger screen. Mind you, this isn't OS related.

2) Better notification. I don't like the instant pop up and I am gone, it is easy to forget if you are in the middle of something.

3) OMG to be able to arrange my icons as I wish

4) LTE of course. (again not OS related I think?)

5) Easier ringtone without having to buy them. Access from your music on itunes without having to convert it.

6) highlight a person's name and have an option to add as a contact, or to highlight a map location in words and have the option to just go to maps.

I could be happy with that.

Right now I am waiting for Samsung Galaxy S3 to come out so I can physically handle it to determine if it's too large for me AND Apple's iPhone5 (or whatever name they choose). I think the nokia Lumia 900 is a beautiful phone, but I think I would get bored with Windows tiles after a while, too similar to the iPhone grid of death.

24. sarcosis macrumors 6502a

For point 5, you know you can make your own ringtones right for free? It takes a while but you can do it. As much as i like the design of the Lumia 900 (it's simply gorgeous and wished the SGIII looked like it), there are a few main draw backs. Let's look at two.

1.) Lack of apps. I tried to convince myself this was an issue, but it becomes one over time. I've had a Samsung Focus and the lack of apps is killing me.
    2.) Potential to get stuck on Mango. There was rumblings a few weeks ago that the current WP7 phones (including the heavily pushed Lumia 900) might not get the upgrade to Apollo. This is a deal breaker IMO.

25. Lindenhurst macrumors 6502a

Actually it is. I got tired of it some time ago and hardly ever use Facebook anymore.