What are your thoughts on & impressions of the SNP?

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by anti-microsoft, Mar 31, 2015.

1. anti-microsoft macrumors 68000

Dec 15, 2006
    Edinburgh, Scotland
    How do you view the SNP? What impression do you get from them?

Either if you live in Scotland, or any other of the 4 nations of the UK, discuss your thoughts on the SNP.

According to poll predictions from late last year up until now, the SNP have been on track to win 40-50 seats come May, therefore making them the third largest party in the House of Commons.

Is this good or bad for the people of Scotland and the UK as a whole? Will they use their influence positively?

As I said before: discuss!
  2. fat jez macrumors 68000

fat jez

Jun 24, 2010
    Glasgow, UK
    I think it will be positive for the UK as a whole. Labour have moved too far to the right and they need dragging back to the left. Don't believe that they are there solely to win independence. The referendum was a Cameron gamble as the SNP wanted a devo max option on the ballot, which I think would have won. At present they really want the best for Scotland, keeping taxes raised within Scotland. A similar approach would benefit many parts of England, especially the North and South West, which tend to be ignored by Westminster when it comes to funding.