What are your thoughts on & impressions of the SNP?

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by anti-microsoft, Mar 31, 2015.

1. anti-microsoft macrumors 68000

How do you view the SNP? What impression do you get from them?

Either if you live in Scotland, or any other of the 4 nations of the UK, discuss your thoughts on the SNP.

According to poll predictions from late last year up until now, the SNP have been on track to win 40-50 seats come May, therefore making them the third largest party in the House of Commons.

Is this good or bad for the people of Scotland and the UK as a whole? Will they use their influence positively?

As I said before: discuss!

2. fat jez macrumors 68000

fat jez

I think it will be positive for the UK as a whole. Labour have moved too far to the right and they need dragging back to the left. Don't believe that they are there solely to win independence. The referendum was a Cameron gamble as the SNP wanted a devo max option on the ballot, which I think would have won. At present they really want the best for Scotland, keeping taxes raised within Scotland. A similar approach would benefit many parts of England, especially the North and South West, which tend to be ignored by Westminster when it comes to funding.