What article can I show my friends to get them interested in the Apple Watch?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by JCT1212, Mar 19, 2015.

1. JCT1212 macrumors regular

Some of my friends have shown interest and some have shown none. I'm just wondering if any article or page on apple's website would be particularly good at quickly creating interest. Most don't want to waste much time, so it would be good if it quickly showed important features. I know I love the watch, and I think some of my friends would too, but they haven't watched the keynotes or anything, so I'd like to give them the gist of the Watch's important features quickly.

2. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

Apple's website is the best source in my opinion.

3. DeltaMac macrumors 604

DeltaMac

Why is it important to YOU that your friends show as much excitement about the Apple watch as you do?

Maybe your friends are just not "watch people"...

One good way to persuade would be showing them your new Apple watch, and explain what you can do with it!

I think you will probably have to wait until the watch is actually available to do that. :D

Anyway, I bet if you offer to buy them a watch, they will be glad to let you do that!

4. JCT1212 thread starter macrumors regular

Two Words: Digital Touch :D

But really, it would be fun to be interested together, but I'm fine with being the only one to have a watch. Some people I hang out with think it's really dumb, but it doesn't really matter to me. Once I have it maybe they'll change their minds :)

5. NeutralGeek macrumors regular

1. http://www.businessinsider.com/how-the-apple-watch-was-made-2015-3

6. KauaiBruce macrumors 6502a

KauaiBruce

Wow Debbie Downer enters the room.

I have found two good sources that get people excited. The TV commercial is pretty good at stirring interest. The second place is the Apple Watch app that they automatically install with the latest update.

I also show people the screen shot I got from the apple store of the SS Link. My friends are shocked at how beautiful it is. My women friends are excited that they can see who is calling without digging into their purses and being able to say 'just a sec, hunting for my phone'.

7. Uccle macrumors regular

Oh, I think it is kinda fun when I get to share my interests and excitement with my friends. Although I admit they tend to become excited evangelists a year or two after a product release :rolleyes:

That said, OP, I hope you do get them interested, but could you wait until mid April?

8. Ryan1524 macrumors 65816

Ryan1524

Because while we may be smart enough not to be the earliest adopters, we still need early adopters. ;)

9. matrix07 macrumors 68040

matrix07

Checks out Christy Thurlington on Apple page. Great info on how to use the Watch on everyday life.