Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

meateater

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 27, 2003
as i wait for my g4 bto:( i just received my new logitech z-680 speakers. i need an audio card that gives me digital in and out. m-audio makes 2 good cards but im confused on which one to get. i need some advice should i get the audiofile 2496 or the delta dio 2496?????any input would be greatly appreciated!!!!

TyleRomeo

macrumors 6502a
Mar 22, 2002
New York
Re: what audio card for g4 1.42?????

Originally posted by meateater
as i wait for my g4 bto:( i just received my new logitech z-680 speakers. i need an audio card that gives me digital in and out. m-audio makes 2 good cards but im confused on which one to get. i need some advice should i get the audiofile 2496 or the delta dio 2496?????any input would be greatly appreciated!!!!

check out m-audio's revolution, it's a 7.1 PCI card, sells for about a $100.

Tyler

Duff-Man

Contributor
Dec 26, 2002
Albuquerque, NM
Duff-man says, the revolution card does not have digital output, only input. the audiophile 2496 has midi in/out, the dio 2496 has optical and spdif digital in/out. both the 2496 cards are good (i have the audiophile 2496 as i use midi....)...look at the features of both and decide which has what you need.....oh yeah!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.