What bag are you using to carry your Portenzo/DODO-cased iPad around?

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by sorahsiao, Mar 23, 2011.

1. sorahsiao, Mar 23, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2011

sorahsiao macrumors newbie

Now we get our beautiful Portenzo/DODO cases, what bag are you using when you have to carry your iPad around?
    As we all know, the case itself doesn't provide much protection other than preventing scratches. My bag is always full of heavy textbooks, Poetenzo seems not strong enough to be squeezed...so after getting my dream case for iPad, now I'm in search for a compatible bag or sleeve to said case. Any suggestion?

I'm seriously considering this:
    [​IMG]

2. mysterygirl macrumors regular

Honestly, I doubt I'll order another bag once my Portenzo arrives. This is my first iPad and Portenzo, but I think the case will provide enough protection for general day-to-day use. I'm not very hard on my toys, and the iPad will mostly be used at home and in "controlled" environments, ie the office, coffee shops, etc.

When I travel with it, I'll likely just put it into whatever other bag (or backpack) I'm carrying that day.

Hope I'm right about not needing another case! Portenzo isn't cheap--and I upgraded my notebook to the limited edition white! :) Guess I'll decide after it arrives.

3. lmg74 macrumors member

I really want the Waterfield Muzetto but they're pricey. I thought about also getting the Timbuk2 for the network/iPad.

Mysterygirl did you get the elastic strap on your white one? I'm still thinking about if I want to upgrade.

4. Domdog31 macrumors regular

I think people get caught up in having to have every accessory when they get a new toy...

The Portenzo to me is the case and what I will be carrying it in - if I am traveling with it then whatever luggage or backback or camera bag I have with me...

5. mysterygirl macrumors regular

Yes, I did get the elastic strap. I liked the look of the black strap against the white case. I also think the strap is more functional (on a really flat surface, the strap can be used to help the case stand horizontally for movie viewing).

I really hope I made the right decision with the white one!

6. Cool Hwhip macrumors member

People are getting cases to protect their cases now?

7. lmg74 macrumors member

I can't speak for other people but I'm looking for a bag that's will fit by Portenzo & also function as a purse as I don't carry a whole lot of things around.

8. tbayrgs macrumors 603

tbayrgs

My thoughts exactly. You get a case to protect your iPad and choose one that is also aesthetically pleasing but you're worried about now damaging the case so you're going to put the case inside a brown paper bag, thus hiding that new stylish case? If you're that concerned, skip the case and just get a rugged sleeve/bag.

OP, if I go to your house, am I going to find plastic on the furniture and runners on the floor?

9. sorahsiao thread starter macrumors newbie

I have to carry lots of books around along the iPad so obviously I need something strong. And then I have to walk around a whole building with my iPad in hand so I need Portenzo rather than a big shoulder bag.

Maybe it's because I didn't give clear description before, but you really think you are smart, don't you?

10. joltaxt macrumors regular

THIS. First thing I thought of when I saw this thread.

WOW people. Put your money in the bank, invest it, donate it to Japan.
    But a case to protect your case? Lmfao @ some of the ways people spend their money.

11. Aqua Bliss macrumors 6502

12. fishcube macrumors 6502

From a woman's stand point, I don't want my portenzo in with my keys/wallet in a purse etc. Would like to find a bag that has separate area for the portenzo, I want the leather to stay nice.

I've thought about the Timbuk2 for iPad, but hate Velcro. Wish they would use magnets or just buckles. Anyone remove the Velcro or cover it?

I ordered the 23 1/2 white portenzo and can't wait to put my white iPad in it :)

13. fishcube, Mar 25, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2011

fishcube macrumors 6502

Anyone know if portenzo fits into the netbook pocket in the freestyle netbook messenger? Or how about any of the XS messenger laptop pockets?

14. Steviejobz macrumors 68000

15. jddar macrumors regular

jddar