What band do you recommend?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Waare, Feb 21, 2019.

1. Waare macrumors newbie

Waare

Hi,
    First time here. I have Apple Watch series 3 for two years. It's black and 44mm. Ok, I would like to change the band to leather. Any recommendation is acceptable.

2. Newtons Apple macrumors Core

Newtons Apple

I like the Apple Leather Loops as they are infinitely adjustable and hold their looks for years.

But you tastes could be different.

3. ledzepfan1981 macrumors regular

ledzepfan1981

I have a 3rd party tan one from a seller called JETech on Amazon UK.

4. Jason Hensley macrumors 6502

Jason Hensley

5. BlankStar macrumors 6502

BlankStar

I got 30ish bands from cheap Chinese online vendors. The bands don't last as long as official ones, but I can buy 10 bands for the price of one official one and I can change a lot to match my clothes or whatever. So I don't see why I should buy me a premium watch band...

6. PeteS1963 macrumors 6502

I love the Apple Leather Loop. It’s comfortable, slim and different in a good way.

I managed to get a nearly new second hand Leatger Loop from eBay for £60. I was lucky as it is in a fab condition. Even my wife (who is always critical) thinks it looks like new. So worth keeping a look out.

7. Newtons Apple macrumors Core

Newtons Apple

Wish they would come out with some new colors. Like to see a black or grey come back. Not into the blue and green colors.

8. Jason Hensley macrumors 6502

Jason Hensley

I agree. I would like Storm Grey as well.

9. sean000 macrumors 68000

sean000

I love the look of the leather loop as well.... it just seems to go well with the Apple Watch case design. Unfortunately Apple doesn’t make them for the 40mm case (or the previous 38mm I had) so I have had to resort to cheap knockoffs that look nice but start to peel after about a year.

There are a lot of great third party band options that range from cheap to more expensive than Apple. Just find your style in your budget and go with it. Apple makes nice bands, but so do many other companies who have been making Watch bands for longer than Apple. There are also really nice handmade options on Etsy.

It’s not leather, but I’m surprised by how much I like the sport loop that came with my S4. At first I was a little underwhelmed by the look and feel of it, but I’ve probably worn it more than any other band since I got it. The sport loop is very comfortable and the look has grown on me.