What brand of jeans do you usually wear?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by themoonisdown09, Dec 5, 2008.

1. themoonisdown09 macrumors 601

themoonisdown09

I was just curious on what brand of jeans everyone usually wears. The two pairs of jeans I bought this year are from Express. They are both Kingston Boot Cuts. One is Original Dark and the other is Faded Dark.

If you have links or pictures of your jeans, post them.

Edit: I just noticed that both pairs of jeans that I posted are marked way down from the price I paid in August. That sucks.

2. Christopher11 macrumors regular

Christopher11

Well, whatever the Salvation Army serves up. ; ) i can still wear a good pair of Levis, but if i find a more designer brand that fits well i'll wear them.

3. heehee macrumors 68020

heehee

I love Lucky Brand jeans. They are over $100 USD though, but they are very comfortable. The first pair I bought was in Montreal, they were $200 Canadian and at first, I refused to buy a pair of jeans that expensive. My gf talked me into it and now, I have 3 pairs. :p

4. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Whatever is cheap- Express, Gap, or otherwise. And when I say cheap, I mean $25 or less. I wait for the sales. I refuse to pay $40 for a pair of jeans.

5. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

I have 5 or 6 brands of designer jeans and buy them at TJ Maxx where they usually cost $20-$30. Paying $100 for a pair of jeans is crazy especially when you can get them for much less.

6. Melrose macrumors 604

Melrose

GAP. They wear like iron, always have my size in the discount rack, and are at Walmart prices. Can't beat'em! (Although I secretly lust after a pair of $300 Diesels...)

Of course, if it's for working and I expect them to get beat up I'll wear Wranglers or something cheap.

7. themoonisdown09 thread starter macrumors 601

themoonisdown09

I wish I could find a pair of $20 jeans at Express. I usually end up paying between $50 and $75 for them. I make my jeans last 2 to 3 years, so I feel that spending that much on something I wear almost every day is worth it.

8. cantthinkofone macrumors 65816

cantthinkofone

levi 559s.

wish they had more variety in the color of them.

I can't stand jeans with rips or holes in them from the store so times are hard for me :p

9. themoonisdown09 thread starter macrumors 601

themoonisdown09

I feel the same way. That's why it takes me so long to find jeans that I like. They either have holes all over or they look like someone was painting with them.

10. deorg macrumors 6502

deorg

11. Batt macrumors 65816

Batt

Levi 501 or Wrangler carpenter. And the Wranglers, by the way, have never cost me more than 16 bucks a pair.

12. sebast1anc macrumors member

levi's 510 super skinnys i've got 4 pairs, two denim, and red and turquoise ones. they run around 50 dollars a pair

13. Foxtrot Oscar macrumors member

Whatever I can find really.

I go in to a shop and some prat of an assistant will come up to me and say. "I'm solly we don't have your size" to which I will reply "OK then. Where is the adult section?" They then pull a funny face or make sizest comments in Chinese which I pretend not to understand!

For some reason the markets always have bigger sizes out here. Designer goods are not for large people (read that as real men!)... arg arg arg!

Also designer clothes are more expensive here than back home (UK).

Fox

14. ZachsMacDaddy macrumors 6502

ZachsMacDaddy

Wrangler. Why pay a ton for jeans? Who am I trying to impress?

15. RamblinWreck macrumors regular

RamblinWreck

I used to be a huge fan of the Kingston's from Express as well. Now I go with the Rocco boot cuts (a touch more snug). Still love the Kingstons for flip flop weather though.

16. dubhe macrumors 65816

dubhe

As I have a 30" inside leg I am restricted to certain brands, but I do like Diesel, I just have to get them brought up...

17. rhsgolfer33 macrumors 6502a

Citizens of Humanity creates my favorite jeans, but I also wear my cheaper H&M jeans as well.

18. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Levi 501's usually. I've said before but these will last me forever. Already 5 years old and indestructable. They've been caving, climbing and on many random adventures and not so much a tear.

19. SLC Flyfishing Suspended

SLC Flyfishing

Quicksilver, Vans, Planet Earth, Bullhead, Element, or whatever else is sold in skate shops. They are comfortable, I like the look, and they are tough as nails. Not uncommon for me to get two or three years out of a pair of these jeans. Usually they're cheap (I can get Planet Earth or Element for $29 usually), and even the more expensive ones (Quicksilvers are my favorite but they usually cost me around $60) are a steal considering how much better they hold up than other expensive brand names.

SLC

These are the ones I'll generally buy when I have the cash: http://www.quiksilver.com/product/i.../2978679&fbn=Taxonomy|Jeans&parentPage=family

20. rageboi macrumors newbie

Gstar..

Gstar all the way for me, I love their unique styling and fantastic cut!!

YUMM

21. tobefirst macrumors 68040

tobefirst

The last pair of jeans I bought, and I'm wearing them right now, actually, were from Old Navy. My previous 4 pair had come from American Eagle. None of them were over $30. My next pair will be another pair from Old Navy.

22. John Jacob macrumors 6502a

John Jacob

I wear Levi's original fit straight leg zipper fly. They're called 505 or 508 or 511 in different countries. I generally don't buy the 501's as who would pay more for the inconvenience of a button fly? :confused: Although if the 501's are available in the colour I want, and the 505's aren't, then I just get the 501's.
    Oh, me too... :p

23. duncanapple macrumors 6502

I would wager that a lot of guys who wear expensive jeans do it b/c their significant others coaxed them into it. I used to think a pair of J.Crew jeans was a big purchase (about $80 at the time). I now have a pair of Rock n Republics and a pair of Sevens, therefore relegating my jcrew jeans to be known as the "cr@ppy" ones. I must admit the more expensive pairs do fit nicer than any other jeans I have owned (coming from a guy). Instead of owning 6-7 pairs of cheaper jeans, I pretty much wear one of the three pairs of nicer jeans. Slims down the closet space to make room for my fiance, who believes both in quality AND quantity :rolleyes: I call her the denim snob! :)

24. 63dot macrumors 603

63dot

Tony Hawk jeans from Kohl's.

Levi's 514 slim straight.