What build week is your iphone5 (white box) replacement?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by alleyooptroop, Oct 18, 2012.

1. alleyooptroop macrumors regular

Just curious what build week are the white box replacement phones anyone's getting right now and if there have been any issues with them.

Here's the link to check just in case:

http://www.chipmunk.nl/klantenservice/applemodel.html

2. berniemakaveli macrumors regular

Week 38 and aside from the less than stellar battery (in my opinion) no issues whatsoever.

3. jerbeck24 macrumors member

are they actually shipping refurbished iPhone 5s? Or is it early enough to still get a brand new one as a replacement phone?

4. PaulNY macrumors member

Week 38 on my whitebox swap from yesterday. I was told there are no refurbished units yet, just stock put aside for swaps.

Cosmetically perfect.

Lock button, and volume buttons are a little loose and there's a slight rattle, but I'm going to hold on to it for a while.

5. in0va3 macrumors member

My white box replacement is week 36 with 2 scratches near the headphone jack. I thought that Apple Stores never sell refurbished products except online? Or do you mean that replacements can be refurbished?

6. nizmoz macrumors 65816

Week 38. My new one at the store came in finally damaged and they swapped it for a white box replacement which is mint.

7. alleyooptroop thread starter macrumors regular

Just found out the replacement on its way to me is a week 37 (replacing a week 36 with battery issues). Hope it works ok.

8. southpaw773 macrumors newbie

in a related story, my white box replacement (week 39) is unlocked. i put my t-mobile nano sim in just outside the apple store, powered on, went thru activation over wifi and no issues, on tmobile right away. i had read that you needed to restore in itunes before it would work. the first model i had was broken so i couldn't even register so i'm not sure if that's the way it is with the locked/unlocked when purchased at full price-no account.

9. iBaloney macrumors 6502

iBaloney

out of curiosity, do the white box replacements have that protective film on the front and back of the phone?

10. nizmoz macrumors 65816

Yes

11. mattopotamus macrumors G4

mattopotamus

I think that is only for after you activate it on a carrier. For example, to now pop in an att SIM and use it, you would have to restore to itunes.

12. VandyMan2009 macrumors newbie

I don't really see why people are complaining so much about getting a white box replacement. The only reason you should be accepting a white box replacement is if you are doing a warranty replacement. Obviously, you have used the phone and it is no longer new so you can't honestly expect them to give you a retail box iPhone. Honestly, if you keep the phone longer than a couple days and come back for a replacement the only option you should have is the white box phone.

13. enophi1 macrumors 6502a

enophi1

Week 36 - came in original packaging , sealed, and direct from China (Scuffgate)

Week 39 - came in original packaging, Direct from China. (Flawless)

14. zencowboy macrumors member

zencowboy

Just bought a 32GB white Att yesterday and it is week 34 August. I had a 16GB but returned for a 32GB.

So, the 38-39 week replacements are newer?

Thanks

15. Archer1440 macrumors 6502

Archer1440

Week 37 original, white 64 direct from Shenzen, cosmetically perfect but developed a bad receiver earpiece.

White box replacement also week 37 and perfect in all cosmetic and functional respects so far.

16. MrMacBookPro macrumors 6502

just got my phone 3 days ago... here you go

Model introduced: 2012
    Serial number: F17JGPPEF8H5
    Production year: 2012
    Production week: 39 (September)
    Name: iPhone 5
    ModelCode: iphone_5
    Model Number: MD658
    Group1: iPhone
    Group2:
    Generation: 7
    Machine Model: iPhone5,2
    CPU speed: 1.3GHz
    Family name: Become a pro user to see this information. (sorry)
    Screen size: 4 inch
    Screen resolution: 1136x640 pixels
    Colour: Black
    Capacity: 32GB
    Factory: F1 (China, Zhengzhou - Foxconn)

I have the normal chip at the top of the phone and the slight rattle.. Heard the rattle was normal..