what can be done to fix my iphone 3GS, seriously in need of help

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by needtofix, Dec 17, 2011.

1. needtofix macrumors newbie

Okay so i stupidly dropped my iphone on the fall, not that high and i have done this numerous times so i initially thought nothing of it. i then picked it up and the screen turned off as if the battery had died or something - completely black.

a minute or so later, it switches but only goes to as far as the apple logo, and continued to stay in this position for AGESSS.

itunes still recognises it and everything, but it simply will not switch on. i am soo upset, there must be a way to fix :(

currently it has the loading sign on it, like the one that comes up when the battery is going to die. its has been 'loading' for the past 30 minutes.

PLEASE HELP ME !

----------

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: not sure how relevant this is, but i dropped my iphone about a month ago, and the screen cracked. i only got a replacement one like three days ago.

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

As you know its a hardware issue that needs to be fixed and nothing that you can do software wise.
    Either bring it to an iphone repair shop or to Apple to have it checked.
    If you're out of warranty then they will charge you to repair or replace it.
    Sounds like you need to invest on a really good durable case cause if you keep dropping it you will be spending money fixing it every week.

3. needtofix thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks for the fast response, but how do i know if i have a warranty? and how much will it cost to repair/replace it?

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Go here and put in your iphones serial number.
    https://selfsolve.apple.com/GetWarranty.do
    For Apple to replace it I believe its $149 but contact them to find out details.

5. needtofix thread starter macrumors newbie

thank you for the help, i've still got a few weeks before my warranty runs out. sighh, i guess i have to take it to apple. :(

6. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Nice, you should do it ASAP so they can replace it for free.
    Good luck dude.

7. needtofix thread starter macrumors newbie

last thing i promise haha, i just read somewhere the warranty doesnt include accidental damage. please tell that is wrong